What's new

GhostRider revamp at Knott's Berry Farm

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I was there today and with two trains, it didn't stack twice in the half hour I was waiting. Realistically with that park, running two trains is just the best it can do. It's long enough that it shouldnt, but people taking time to put **** into the bins, checking belts and restraints, it just adds time they can't overturn. I'd love to be proven wrong. Waited half hour for 6 trains (front row) which kind of sucked, but it's expected. The total wait would have been 10 mins anywhere else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

singforfood

Roller Poster
tomahawk said:
I was there today and with two trains, it didn't stack twice in the half hour I was waiting. Realistically with that park, running two trains is just the best it can do. It's long enough that it shouldnt, but people taking time to put **** into the bins, checking belts and restraints, it just adds time they can't overturn. I'd love to be proven wrong. Waited half hour for 6 trains (front row) which kind of sucked, but it's expected. The total wait would have been 10 mins anywhere else.

I'd love to see the station get different cubbies, cuz the ones right now create such a crowd and really screw up both loading and unloading.

singforfood

Roller Poster
Now that it's been officially confirmed, let's get stoked.

Track demo is well underway, I'll try to get some more pictures today, but here's one... You can see half the track missing on the turn.

picture share

Ben

CF Legend
Wow, they're proper ripping it to pieces!

That's brilliant - a shame it won't have fabulous RMC track on it, but, still amazing, this should do it the world of good.

Ben

CF Legend
Wow, they're proper ripping it to pieces!

That's brilliant - a shame it won't have fabulous RMC track on it, but, still amazing, this should do it the world of good.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm hopeful there is a bit of a layout change, but seeing as gci aren't known for that, I doubt it. As kind as it is smoother and they end the complete stop on mcbr it will be great again.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Some photos from ParkJourney: http://www.parkjourney.com/cedar-fair/k ... g-update-1

All track appears to be on its way out. Eyes will be pealed for modifications to the support structure, which would in theory mean more major track alterations from the original CCI layout.

9612408_orig.jpg

8210508_orig.jpg

2443378_orig.jpg

9876927_orig.jpg

779649_orig.jpg

548226_orig.jpg

On the notion of counting this as a new credit - I think what now appears to be a totally new track would certainly count as a new credit.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^I say not a new cred. Unless if new, major elements are added(i.e. inversions and overbanks), no new cred.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
I was at the park today and a lot of new wood was being put in. Looked like no alterations, almost like they're simply re-doing the track pieces and not even touching the structure?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
We have track in place!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SA-iHGwBrc[/youtube]

By the looks of the video, it appears that there are indeed some very minuscule reprofiles. This is only a few degrees/inches off the original layout, but there is definitely some reprofiling going on.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Eh, if there is no reprofiling going on - I'm back to not a cred.

This is all reminiscent of Mean Streak great reprofile of 2012. That is, a major swath of track was replaced during one off-season, rather than a few touchups on turns that occurs each year. The ride was noticeably smoother in replaced portions - but at the end of the day you were still riding a traditional Dinn Corp. woodie: https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article ... -less-Mean

By all means, this will certainly not bring about GCI/GG smoothness. But you can never argue with some TLC.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Or like with Stampida this past season. I think the first half(ish) part of the layout got completely redone, but it's still Stampida.

EthC

Mega Poster
From TPR...

2016 Knotts Berry Farm Announcement!

In 2016, Knott's Berry Farm’s Ghost Town will celebrate its 75th anniversary with two major offerings next summer. Additionally, a complete restoration of Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant is underway and will re-open in spring 2016.

Highlights coming to Ghost Town in summer 2016:

- The centerpiece of the summer 2016 celebration is the interactive entertainment experience, Ghost Town Alive!, which immerses guests in new stories and adventures in the familiar town of Calico

- Ghost Town Alive! will allow guests young and young at heart to live the west through inventive new ways to interact with characters and environments as each day, a different story will unfold throughout all of Ghost Town

- Guests play an active role in shaping the events of the day

- Construction is underway on a new Calico Stage, which will open across the train tracks from its current location, in the area Screamin’ Swing formerly occupied. The stage, themed after an old abandoned mine, will feature an all-new show for summer 2016.

- The west is about to get even wilder when GhostRider, the longest, fastest and tallest wooden rollercoaster on the West Coast, returns from its nine month restoration with all new trains that will gallop along over 4,500 feet of new wooden track

- Since September 2015, work has been in progress to completely restore and preserve this classic wooden rollercoaster. The project is a partnership with Great Coasters International and includes re-profiling and a complete wooden re-tracking of the entire 4,533 ft. long track.

- All of the coasters trains will be replaced with new state of the art Millennium Flyer trains designed to look like mining cars, each with gold, silver, or copper accents. As part of the construction, the mid-course brake run will be removed, allowing riders to enjoy a relentless, ride from the moment the train descends the first 108 ft. drop to the moment it returns to the station’s new, smooth magnetic brake run.

Complete refurbishment of Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant:

- The restaurant will close on January 4 the grand re-opening in spring 2016

- The project will refresh and preserve the original “tea room” dining room and bring cosmetic and thematic upgrades throughout the restaurant’s other dining areas

o Throughout the restaurant’s four main dining rooms and two banquet rooms, all furniture, flooring, lighting, and décor will be renovated

o The large dining room to the right of the main entrance will be remodeled with a look inspired by Mrs. Knott’s kitchen pantry, as the room will be adorned with a potbelly stove and nods to Cordelia’s home kitchen, evoking themes of warmth, family, and togetherness

o The main dining room accessible from the courtyard entrance will be divided into two smaller dining rooms, with a theme inspired by farmhouse motifs

o For the first time, a new outdoor seating area on the restaurant’s north side will allow guests to dine al fresco with beautiful and unique views of the MarketPlace fountain, the theme park’s Ghost Town, and the newly restored GhostRider roller coaster

- The restaurant will feature a new, welcoming lobby area, where diners who provide a cell phone number will be sent a text message when their table is ready, allowing more time and flexibility to explore the Knott’s MarketPlace or to grab a drink around the restaurant’s new full service bar, which will replace the restaurant’s

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skvsv7s3xc[/youtube]

thumb_knott_s_ghost_town_75th_logo.jpg

thumb_ghost_town_marshall_and_cowboys.jpg

thumb_ghost_town_famed_water_pump.jpg

thumb_ghost_town_family_on_main_street.jpg

thumb_ghost_town_main_street.jpg

thumb_ghost_town_marshall.jpg

thumb_ghostrider_mf_train_render_1.jpg

thumb_ghostrider_mf_train_render_5.jpg

thumb_ghostrider_mf_train_render_2.jpg

thumb_ghostrider_mf_train_render_3.jpg

thumb_knott_s_ghost_town_calico_stage_rendering.jpg

Basically confirming what we all knew, that this would be a GCI refurb, and with the Mid course going, looks like this woodie will be hopefully be as fab as it was supposedly back in its hayday :D

Lofty

CF Legend
The term 'state of the art' isn't a term I'd describe the Millennium Flyer trains with...