What's new

Getting Touched up...

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
With the news that Lightwater Valley are considering lengthening the Ultimate to regain the 'world's longest' status, what ride in your humble opinion could do with being slightly tweaked to give it a new lease of life?

My personal favourite would be to add a hard hidden loop or heartline twist to Oblivion, but that said, it doesn't need to be that drastic - for example, the new maintenance platform on Kumali, and it's leg-cutter effect unexpectedly improve the ride...

Any thoughts?

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
In Oblivion the queue line says you won't come out the other side, why not make it true.

Keep all the current track, but make a hole the other side of the trees behind oblivions overbank, but hide the track so you can't see anythin come out the other side.

Nick

Mega Poster
^Thats a cool idea.

I always thought if Shockwave had some decent B&M trains, making it feel safer and smoother it would be a decent ride, not brilliant but considerably better than it is now.

But the main one is Stealth. An extended layout similar to Xcelerator, with some swooping turns and airtime hills over the water would be awesome, and actually make the ride worth riding.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I think addition to Oblivion would kill it to be honest. It's all about anticipating that 1 drop.

To be fair, I'd go with RITA. Extension and re-theme would maybe give RITA some sort of life which it seems to be missing now.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'd love to see Rita really low down in a forest area with lots of trees. Would make the feeling of speed incredible. Whereas now it's just a tangled mess above the paths.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
To be fair they reallyy didnt think Rita through did they. I mean its not the best.
As for shockwave, I think that should completly go, and not even consider tweaking it up.

I would agree with Nick and say Stealth. Their concept art looked fantastic, and it just let us all down. If they made it abit taller or even if Thorpe spent that little bit more time and money on themeing, it would at least look better.