What's new

General news about Disneyland Cali

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Found all this at screamscape and thought would post it up...

3/5/10) As wild as it sounds, one rumor going around the Disneyland Resort is WDI is in talks with Vekoma on creating a Tron Lightcycle themed version of their Booster Bike coaster. It’s just a Blue Sky idea right now, but I’m told the coaster system may have multiple launch zones to increase the speed of the ride as you approach and enter into a very twisted finale sequence. Sounds great to me.
Now for the flip side of the coin… seems the Disney legal team is mucking about with Disney’s E-Ticket rides again… and we know what they did after messing around with Splash Mountain a few years ago. This time the target is rumored to be Big Thunder Mountain, as apparently the numbers are being drawn up to see what it would take to replace the current bench-seat style trains with something more like Expedition Everest, which will feature two individual seats and individual lap bars. If approved, I’ve heard that the new trains could actually arrive by the end of 2010.
(3/4/10) According to Blue Sky Disney, Disney is pushing ahead boldly with plans to not only market the new Tron Legacy film (which could be the first in a new trilogy) but is also likely to drop in little Tron themed areas around many of the Disney parks this fall/winter to promote the film. For example, it’s thought that the Starcade at Disneyland is likely get a Flynn’s Arcade makeover. And then there are rumors about plans being set in motion for a top notch Tron themed attraction, that could likely server as a new anchor attraction for the long-overdue re-launch of Tomorrowland

http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No, but it's nice that the effort is being made. There's not a topic about it already so chill beans!

It's a great idea, but I'd have thought Disney would wait until they had some idea of the success of the Tron "re-launch" (geddit?) before investing heavily in a coaster.

Still, it fits and I'd love to see it. I remember somebody made a Tron coaster in RCT3... Was it Peep or Peter or someone? Can't remember, but now's your chance for a plug :)

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
^too true.
But IMO i think their kind of basing (sp?) their hope on what the last tron film pulled and how many people still know it now. But all i can say for the matter is that, for their sake at least i hope it works. Would be a great addition along with adding new life to the area.

P.S also cheers for the backup furie :wink:

RCF

Strata Poster
I wasn't being mean :)

Just merely saying. And I did end up thinking that this could just be a general topic for a nice park