What's new

General Discussion

See, the first time I went to Kennywood I liked it a lot. I think that's because the day was a bit more chill, as we got the entire day there and whatnot, plus they didn't have that horrible new thing otherwise known as Sky Rocket. As for the coasters, they're nothing spectacular, I mean I do enjoy the back seat of Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt can be a laugh if you're with a bunch of people, Phanny is pretty fun, and Exterminator is a laugh. But nothing is really out of this world.

Still, it's a good park to spend the day at and it's definitely a good family park if that's what you're after.

And I cba to quote but haha to Gavin about the people wanting Big Macs and Happy Meals at 9:30 :p . That was awesome.

Snoo

The Legend
That McDonalds was classic. One of the funniest moments of the trip.. especially when Taylor made yet another stupid comment. :lol:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Tomatron said:
And I loved Phantom's Revenge.
I thought it was good, but it didn't stand out enough. It's one of those instances where it's blatantly the best thing there, but the weird uniqueness of other things there (even if it's in a negative sense) overrides it.

Also, it had nothing on Dorney's, which I thought was bloody incredible

Dorney Park is underrated full stop. I think it's the nicest out of the CF parks I've done. Talon is amazing, Steel Force was amazing and the impulse was really neat, especially because I had NO idea it stopped like that. Jerry was most amused when I was like WTF IS GOING ON. Dorney had such a lovely setting too. Approaching the park I was like omg this place has a lovely skyline. :D

On a slightly related note, Magnum Force was so bad. I was really, really looking forward to it because I simply adore PMBO (think it might still be in my top 10). Magnum Force was so rumbly and boring. PMBO's first drop is one of the best first drops out there, and it's location makes the ride experience really thrilling. Constant wind buffering magnifies the out-of-control feeling that Magnum completely lacked, and Magnum was unpleasantly rough in the sense that it just vibrated. Cedar Point is ****.

Jer

Strata Poster
Yeah Joey Dorney really is a fun park, I love Talon and Steel Force, too bad Hydra is a piece of ****. Overall Dorney is a really fun day out I love going there.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I like Dorney too & I like Kennywood as well, but then I also like Carowinds so what the
icon_censored.gif
do I know. :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
What's supposed to be wrong with Carrowinds? I liked it there too... Top Gun<3 Carolina Cobra <3 That HORRENDOUS woodie <3 Intimidator <3 It's GOOD there.

That McDonalds was classic. One of the funniest moments of the trip.. especially when Taylor made yet another stupid comment.

What did I say?

What's supposed to be wrong with Carrowinds? I liked it there too... Top Gun<3 Carolina Cobra <3 That HORRENDOUS woodie <3 Intimidator <3 It's GOOD there.

It's such a bad park haha.. And the heat really didn't help. There's one nice area of the entire thing which is the area where the Scooby Doo shooter is, which is actually one of the only things there worth riding, alongside Woodstocks Flyers and Afterburn. It was a "get the creds and get out of here" kind of day, besides the one reride we had on the Flyers and Intimidator, and even I would have been fine not reriding Intimidator because it sucked.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Sounds like you guys had a bad experience, because I thought it was a nice place! :C

We did SFOG the day after and I thought that was horrible. The heat was pretty scary that day and a SF park is the last place you want to be when it's that hot. Weirdly it has a couple of very good coasters and numerous decent ones, the park landscape is nice and it looks nice, but my god was it ghetto. Staff were pretty vile and it was incredibly disorganised. Batman's queue... in a climate like Georgia? Wtf? Plus, the people I was with said both times they've been have been bad and on their previous visit they had to literally fight for seats on Superman with the fast track passes because the staff don't allocate them seats.

The staff were FAR WORSE than my day at SFA, where all the staff I had any contact with were brilliant. They were better than SFGAdv, who's staff had issues with us asking for water. I dunno if SFA's management have just suddenly been like, "****, we need to make an effort", but after hearing endless bad words about SFA I was shocked at how nice it was. Yeah, it's not got a single great ride and I only spent 2 hours there, but I can't help think it's "ghetto" label is just good-old-fashioned American racism, because none of the people were an issue. Didn't experience any line cutting from clientele, which had been an issue at SFOG and GAdv.

Ben

CF Legend
Who mentioned Dorney?

DORNEY HAS TALON AND THEREFORE IS AMAZING!

Also, I was really pleasently surprised there. At first I didn't like it, but, as it got later, I really did like it. Talon's amazing, Laser WAS, the Impusle is fab... Hydra's awful, but, everything else is at least "fun".

Plus, Talon <3

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Yeah, Talon's great, but I thought Dorney as a whole sucked... nothing else there was really worth another ride, and the park is just so small and bland and boring. And I hate those air gates that they have. Staff was also some of the worst I've experienced...

Luckily Lake Compounce that night saved the day. Found the best coaster in the world.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I thought Dorney was really pretty good. They have enough rides to last a while, and then there's the waterpark which is fairly good.

Talon was AMAZING, and Steel Force and Possessed were both really, really good.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
CMonster said:
They have enough rides to last a while

I really disagree with this. I think it would be really, really hard to spend an entire day at the park. I wasn't even there for three hours and I was DONE.

Ben

CF Legend
To avoid taking the 2011 SFMM topic off-course, am I the only one that thought Superman The Escape was... fun?

I mean, it didn't blow my mind or anything, but it was different, it was fun, it was a laugh, I liked it! I was really pleasently surprised. As yet ANOTHER coaster to add to Magic's line-up, I thought it fit well...

Better than a bloody Zac-Spin that's for sure!

Am I the only one that feels that way about it <3

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
CreditCrazy said:
CMonster said:
They have enough rides to last a while

I really disagree with this. I think it would be really, really hard to spend an entire day at the park. I wasn't even there for three hours and I was DONE.
Admittedly, we left Dorney "early" to go to Hershey for the evening, but I think it's got plenty enough to do for a whole day. Talon deserves multiple rerides.

Snoo

The Legend
^As did I to go to Knoebels.. but that was at the tail end of a 7 day trip. Dorney is a nice little park but nothing that blew me away. Talon is still sexy as all hell. <3

Jer

Strata Poster
Ben said:
To avoid taking the 2011 SFMM topic off-course, am I the only one that thought Superman The Escape was... fun?

I mean, it didn't blow my mind or anything, but it was different, it was fun, it was a laugh, I liked it! I was really pleasently surprised. As yet ANOTHER coaster to add to Magic's line-up, I thought it fit well...

Ahhh I'm actually kind of annoyed I never got to ride Superman when I was at SFMM. I was there for 1 day with family members so I didn't get to ride everything in the first place, and just to add to that superman wasn't even ****ing open :(

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:

Am I the only one that feels that way about it <3

No... It was a fairly decent ride at the end of it all, and is still pretty high end engineering...

Who knows, maybe the revamp will make it better... But you're definitely not the only one who's been on it and thought it was fun...

Plus air-conditioned queue <3

Snoo

The Legend
I thought it just totally sucked tbh. Albeit.. it is an older ride.. with older technology.. but it felt like I was rolling at 70mph and barely even went up the hill.

It was the opposite of fun.