What's new

Gardaland 2012 rumour

peep

CF Legend
A rumour has cropped up on an italian fan site saying the park could get a Twist and splash next year. I'm not sure if I'm keen on the idea of them getting one but I'm sure it'll be well themed and fun, IF it happens.

Source: theparks.it

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
That's like that thing at Blackpool right?

Glorified Splash Battle (but somehow even less enjoyable). At least Italy has the weather for it.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Perhaps...though I can't see Gardaland getting another water ride!

I went to Gardaland last week and saw a nice big plot of land behind space vertigo with a digger and some cabins. I got some pictures from flying Island and I'll upload them soon!

D1993

Hyper Poster
I wouldnt expect anything big. Or even kinda medium sized. They dont put that many major rides in and Raptor was an addition that took a while, so I really doubt 1 year after raptor they would get something big. But that doesnt rule out some sort of addition of course

Lofty

CF Legend
I have to say, if they do ad one of these, they are POOR rides. At least Splash Battle's are fun. These **** things, are not.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I doubt Merlin would ever make a Splash battle again after building battle galleons at Alton. The queue for the ride is barely over 10 minutes and, although they're compact and fit in with Gardaland's target market, with little interest there would be no point in getting one. Also where's a small lake in Gardaland to build on?

To be honest splash battles are hardly thrilling and get you pointlessly wet, but what about a splash battle with coaster elements? (worlds first)

Why can't Gardaland build another big ride anyway? Dreamworld have done 2 in 1 year!

A

Anonymous

^ It seems like you haven't been to Italy. During the summers it gets extremely hot and with little shade people tends to ride water rides to cool down. During the day hours water rides have the longest queues in the Italian parks. You can't really compare it with a cold rainy England...
I'm pretty sure that a Splash Battle will be plenty popular at Gardaland.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Actually I went last week...

I see your point though but where would they build one? The problem I find with splash battles is that they get you so wet that you're in pain for the rest of the day. In Italy you do dry off eventually but you end up with rashes from walking around in wet clothes all day. Just my point of view.

Wouldn't we all love a coaster though...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I heard the Italian's don't like to get wet.

A twist and splash is a dreadful idea, even at a hot park. I hear Blackpool's has had some difficulties too.

Can't see this happening tbh. I can't see any Merlin park getting one after observing Blackpool.