What's new

Furius Baco - Top Speed?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Only just noticed in this POV that the end of the launch on Baco is plastered in trims, 4 to be precise, and most of them are before the end of the launch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVvT4ZtCYlU&feature=channel[/youtube]

I'd imagine them trims take off more than 4mph, so Stealth could well be the fastest Acc in Europe again?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't know when they were installed, but when I rode it the train lost no speed after the launch. Even if it does trim off a bit of speed it's nothing that it wouldn't get back in that trench surely?

Ben

CF Legend
Well that video's from opening year, and no, it doesn't lose ANY speed there.

Doubt they're even trims tbh.

Nice try though, eh?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
If they are trims then they do nothing but keep the speed from accelerating dramatically. You don't feel them at all, not even a little bit.

Furius Baco deserves a lot more credit than its given, I think its a HOT HOT HOT ride and I can't wait to put my butt back on it June 11th <3

Lofty

CF Legend
They had them since opening, it's always had them on. ALTHOUGH one of the sets have been removed since then and now it only has 3 sets of trims. I have a picture somewhere from the train ride, I will have to upload it.

Thing is, who cares if the trims are there? It certainly doesn't feel like they are and take anything away from the ride. It is actually a great ride. It's so under rated, people complain about it's roughness. It's only as rough as you want it to be.

Ollie

CF Legend
It's not rough. Just.....bumpy. If it did run smoothly then it would be an amazing ride. But at the moment it's just a fun unique ride with amazing theme music and an epic monkey on a bike :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ben said:
Well that video's from opening year, and no, it doesn't lose ANY speed there.

Doubt they're even trims tbh.

Nice try though, eh?

I didn't know when the video was from, I just cant remember any uproar like there normally is when trims are introduced.

And I couldn't care less about Stealth, I only mentioned that for the sake of it. I'm planning on going to PA in Sept, so I just had a browse on youtube, and spotted this, and like I said, I didn't know when the video was from, or if anyone knew anything about the trims.

It seems to me as if it takes the hill over the launch really so, has that always been the case? I hadn't watched a POV of it for ages, and it just doesn't seem as fast as I once thought.

Lofty

CF Legend
That video doesn't do the ride justice. I've found that in a lot of Robb's Pov's, that it doesn't show the true speed of the ride or let you get the grasp of it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, Robb's videos are great, but yeah, as I said, it takes that hill EXTREMELY fast. A lot of the initial launch and first drop is a blur, it's so quick. There's actually a nice pop of airtime.

Adivice.. When boarding, try and get on the far side of the track (so when seated, the track is on your left). I find this to be the comfier side!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Actually, these trims don't feel like they take any of the speed off the first launch. Even if they do, you wouldn't notice.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
What it needs is for the trims to moved until after the launch hill and "drop", then they need to be changed into block brakes. The ride stops there and you all get of happy :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, leaping off and falling to ground would be more fun and less painful than the rest of the ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
You see, I really don't find it 'that' bad. Ok, the further back you ride, the more un-comfy it gets. The only time I can ever say it was 'Painful' was when I rode it back row outside seat at a night time. I nearly cried with pain, but yeah, it's not that bad..

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
-lofty- said:
I nearly cried with pain, but yeah, it's not that bad..

Yeah, bit of a contradiction there. ;)

When we went, it was like that wherever you sat, every time we rode it. Stampida was a much smoother, less painful experience. In fact, we probably rated Stampida much higher than it should be rated simply because compared to Baco it was an absolute joy to ride.

See, there's lots of "you need to ride in these rows, in this seat, at this time of day" advice on getting the best out of the ride. I give advice like this to people too on say, Rita. Riding back right on Rita is the most uncomfortable seat. However, the discomfort between say second row right and back row right on Rita isn't huge and the ride is still overall "alright". With Baco, the ride was shockingly bad on all the seats I tried and I can't believe that a single seat change could (or even should) make or break a coaster.

That's why it gets such a bashing, it may have been the world's greatest coaster for 9/10 times you rode it in particular seats at a particular time of day at a particular time of the year.

That doesn't make it the world's greatest coaster if it can differ from one of the world's worst one day, to the best the next (seat 4, left hand side, 15:43 and 22 seconds precisely at 23.75 degrees C exactly).

The people who love it obviously rode it at precisely the right moment. The people who don't love it, rode it the rest of the time...

andrus

Giga Poster
Baco is a great ride altough a bit bumpy. It has got too many faults to be the greatest ride in the world but the incredible launch and the monstrous airtime on the first hill definitely makes it one of my favourites! :--D

Regarding the trims they've always been there. They were there a couple of years ago when I rode it and I think I saw them on the initial povs back in 2007 as well. You definitely can feel the trims, I think they're especially noticeble since they're at the end of a lauch, but they do not detract the overal experience I think :)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Me and Ben love it therefore its amazing and if it didn't exist, it would be the end of the world because you all have doo doo butter brains...

Your heads, your faces, even your mullet cuts couldn't compare to this ride!!