What's new

Furius Baco Opinions

What do you think of Furius Baco at Port Aventura?

• Best launched coaster I've been on, it was fantastic!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was good, but I've been on better!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Pretty poor but not the worst I've been on.

• Utter sh*te, worst launched coaster I've been on!

• Total voters

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Hey,

Sorry if this has been done before or recently posted, I am interested to know what people on here think about Furius Baco and how you would rate it compared to other Intamin launched coasters that you have been on.

I've noticed its quite hit and miss with enthusiasts, the opinions I've seen are either that people love it or hate it.

So yeah, interested to see what you think of it. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It depends on where you sit. Sit on the inner seats and it's ok, sit on the outer seats and it's unbearable.

Call me old fashioned but I'm most satisfied with a straight forward launch followed by a top hat. Inversions on launched caosters seem to be juttery.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's not the worst coaster I've been on, but it's probably one of the worst "major" coasters I've done.

As Ian said, the inside seats aren't too bad, but they're not great. The outside seats though made me feel like I was dying (or was that the hangover? ;) ). I enjoyed the launch and the pop of airtime off it. Then it rapidly descended into a coaster hell for me. It does pretty much everything I hate in a steel coaster. Rattling high g turns, slow, ponderous hang time inversion and the rest just bland.

It was "wow", "ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH", "yawn".

And I don't believe that ANY coaster where you have to sit in a particular position at a particular time of day to enjoy is any good - just in case you can get that particular seat, at that particular time.

I don't like Rita for bit of bashing it gives me, but there's fun there too shining through the pain. So I ride it infrequently and always enjoy it a bit. Even on an inside seat, I'd really have to hunt to find enjoyment in Baco.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Must admit I really liked it but found it unbearable rough in some places, but I probably liked it because I was expecting it to be awful after reading numerous reviews about it and was expecting very little from it, but ended up really enjoying it.

I prefer Stealth but I'd say Baco is probably my 2nd favourite launched coaster.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I loved the launch, but that was basically it for me. I didn't find it as unbearable as others have, but it was far from a comfortable ride. While I didn't find there to be any particular areas of strong roughness, it certainly rattles, a lot, through pretty much the entire course.

It wasn't enough to put me off riding: I got 5 back-to-back rides on it first thing in the morning, but I just found it to be a generally dull coaster, the launch not withstanding.

I've only been on 4 Intamin launches so far, but I'd personally put Baco above Rita and Desert Race, but below Stealth. Saying that, out of the 4 I've tried, none of them has particularly wowed me.

tks

Strata Poster
The launch and first little dip, amazing. However after that the ride descends into intolerable hurt. I too believe that you shouldn't have to sit in a specific spot on a ride to get the best from it, let alone one that doesn't leave you with an aneurysm.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I didn't find it rough or uncomfortable at all. I thought it was very fun, a bit short and had one of the best storylines and prelaunches I've ever seen.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Out of the five Intamin launched coasters I've done, I think Baco was good but not the best one - although the different seating did add something to the ride experience :D

But my favourite is still Superman Escape :D

spicy

Giga Poster
I rode it for the first time this year and I thought it was excellent. The launch was incredible with your legs dangling free and that dip after the launch was awesome.

I just found it a really fast and intense coaster. As for the roughness I know what people mean it was like going ten rounds with Mike Tyson and some points.

Snoo

The Legend
It looks meh. Takes the spin from X2 and the elements from many good accelerators out there. Could have been much more but the limitations were so great that it limited it to turns and a drawn out inversion.

Rob

Mega Poster
I hated it until 2009. I was all for the no coaster is good if you have to sit in a specific seat, until I rode front row.

OH. MY. GOD.

Front row, any seat, absolutely the best launch experience of my life. I couldn't flaw it, even if I wanted to. The roughness still kicks a little but is less substantial on the front row, even then, I can excuse it simply for the launch... it was incredible.

The beauty of it is, Spanish people don't understand/use front row queue, so your never waiting more than one launch for the front. I'll happily admit that on any other row it's torture. Complete torture. But, I can excuse this. I also love the inline, the hang time is great, and the sweeping turn over the lake is amazing on the outside seats.

MMMMhhMMMMM LOVE baco.

ALSO the only coaster I've ever had entirely to myself, last ride of the day and it just happened that there was only me to go on the last ride. Was rather cool.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Rob said:
I hated it until 2009. I was all for the no coaster is good if you have to sit in a specific seat, until I rode front row.

OH. MY. GOD.

Front row, any seat, absolutely the best launch experience of my life. I couldn't flaw it, even if I wanted to. The roughness still kicks a little but is less substantial on the front row, even then, I can excuse it simply for the launch... it was incredible.

I'll happily admit that on any other row it's torture. Complete torture.

So it still follows the no coaster is good if you have to sit in the specific seat thing then?

Rob

Mega Poster
No, because it is a good coaster in a specific seat, and it's not hit and miss. I was referencing more to other rides where a good seat can be good at 10am, poor at 3pm and good again at 6pm, and comparing this to the fact that the front row is always exceptional. I was happy to put baco in the same band wagon as other coasters until I rode it front row.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I rode front row, and... The launch is still great. It's an good launch. The launch is really good no matter where you sit.

The rest of the ride is somewhere between crippling and tedium though (depending on seating position).

The coaster is all and only about the launch. The rest of the ride (no matter where I sat) was utter tosh (and painful tosh at that). I'm not going to forgive 90% of the ride because 10% of it is above average.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ I can see where your coming from, but I do like the inline and final corner, so it's a 50-50 balance for me. My comparisons are Stealth, Rita, and Velocity. The launch is a far better experience than any of the previous.

Rita, is, in my opinion, THE definition of a park wanting a launch and then just adding pointless track to get it back to where it started. Baco at least does something and has the unique visual effect of skimming the water and then flying over the lake.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm the opposite. I found the inline hideous (I don't like hangtime though and likewise hate the end of Colossus) and the final corner was just dull.

The coaster looks stunning. It's gorgeous over the lake, but it just rides bad.

I'm not a fan of Rita, but I do think it's a lot more thrilling (and not quite as painful). The it's fast, furious (unlike the inaptly named Baco) and really actually does something. I dislike the hills on Rita, but a lot of people love the "air" it gives (I just get my shoulders raped, but each to their own). I do always come of Rita a bit breathless though and on a bit of a rush. Same with Stealth. Baco I just came off swearing I'd never ride it again - the launch pretty much forgotten.