What's new

Fun Spot Action Park | Freedom Flyer | Vekoma SFC

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm SO glad you came along to phrase what I meant properly, I hate not knowing technical terms for elements, dampers, that's a new word I've learnt. Hahaha.

Has anybody rode Kvasten? This has the exact same ride cars as that. Take a look below.

ls0iijmv2b2k3jm00075qm.jpg

The one below shows it better, it's missing the dampers (?) that the others have, but you can see where they're meant to be.
g0tgi9k0stg005pglkkktn.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I really liked Kvasten. I found it much better than the SFCs in the US and Canada, but I couldn't really say why.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The dampers are installed on the picture of the train going round the track though Lofty. I assume they're not installed on the train in the bottom picture as it was during construction or maintenance or something.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I cant see the point in installing all this stuff to allow the trains to just sway ever so slightly, as appose to a full on swing like the Arrow coasters.

385912_326755850760802_642966070_n.jpg

That banked turn is going to be extra funky now...!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Indeed, I've taken 8 rides on it so far. Pretty fun family ride. The ending helix is pretty good and the fence is close enough to give a good foot chopper.
But it should be noted that for now, at least, the loading process takes forever... They'll load the train.. and then close the gates... reopen the gates, let 2 or 3 more people in.. close the gates... another person walks up, they'll open the gates and load them... close the gates....... and when they check the seatbelt... they'll check it no less than 11-15 times... and by 3 or 4 workers............

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Not if they're going to dispatch the coaster, then somebody walks up.

I don't understand why people try and think they know better about dispatch than the parks themselves, they're performing the dispatches they're doing for a reason. I'm with Marc on this...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ok, why cant they get the next cycle? How long is long enough to hold a train? Until every seat is full?
The fact is... after sitting in the train for 10 minutes while they waited around to see if anyone else would walk up... Many riders (not myself) started saying things like "can we go yet?" and even "dispatch the train already!"

I work for a park, so I know what its like, on both ends of it. But there comes a point where it becomes an inconvenience / annoyance for those already on the ride and that's what was happening most of my rides on it yesterday. (and I also saw the ride cycle with just 2 or 3 riders, with 5 or 6 in the station waiting. So it isn't a rule or such, its just what the op feels to do... Maybe they need consistency with their loading procedures.)

marc

CF Legend
Have to admit I don't see the point in opening and closing the gates, but they are new to it so maybe that will stop.