What's new

"Full Throttle" Magic Mountain 2013 Coaster Rumor

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Agreed on the airtime front, though I thought Apocalypse was pretty decent to be honest.

There were rumours earlier this year that Colossus might be in line for that "Texas Giant" treatment at some point though. **** knows where I read that, and seen nothing since, so that could be complete bollocks.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
^ It would be interesting to see RMC re-model a racing coaster, but it would take a LOT of work. Colossus looks like the height of the first drop should be increased or at least the chain lift speeding up, it really looks like its crawling around the corners - then again I thought that about American Eagle when watching pov's but when you get towards the bottom of the helix onride it's going pretty fast.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, Colossus would be very interesting to see it get remodeled, and as much as it could be a good thing, I'm not sure it's a worthwhile investment for SFMM. If they do, let's have a collab with Gravity Group so we can get some of that sexy high-five element in there, haha.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Rumors for that have it happening in 2014/2015, meaning it could shut down as soon as next year. Talks were to make it one continuous coaster, making it the longest coaster in the world. This is as reliable as the dip n dots guy but a friend of mine whose coworker now works for RMC said the list of attractions in the pipeline consist of SFFT (Rattler), SDC, Silverwood (2014/2015), SFMM (Colossus), KBF (Ghostrider Iron Horse), and Dollywood about 3 years down the road. Basically if that is true in the least, I will be quite excited.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Are those all remodels? Or does that include new coasters? I'd love to see another new coaster at Silverwood :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Silverwood, SDC, and Dollywood are new, the rest are remodels with Colossus and GhostRider being reprofiles and Iron Horse while Rattler being topper track.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Wow, that's great news for me! Thanks for the info. Even if it's just speculation...it's fun speculation. That's not to say I don't trust your friend's friend...but I don't want to get my hopes too high.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
The only problem with that list is that the management at Knott's said specifically that Ghostrider wouldn't be getting a Rocky Mountain treatment but they were looking for new smoother running trains.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Picture+61.png

Source: http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... magic.html

Snoo

The Legend
As you go over the first drop:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1W5jQL5DN8[/youtube]

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
That looks like water slide parts to me, partly because of the multicoloredness and partly because there are no bolt holes in the flanges and there are no bits sticking out of the supports to go into footers and because the ladder looks like a water park escape ladder. Hopefully they're finally building something to fill Flashback's spot.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
"Full Throttle" Magic Mountain 2013 Coaster Rumor

tomahawKSU said:
Rumors for that have it happening in 2014/2015, meaning it could shut down as soon as next year. Talks were to make it one continuous coaster, making it the longest coaster in the world. This is as reliable as the dip n dots guy but a friend of mine whose coworker now works for RMC said the list of attractions in the pipeline consist of SFFT (Rattler), SDC, Silverwood (2014/2015), SFMM (Colossus), KBF (Ghostrider Iron Horse), and Dollywood about 3 years down the road. Basically if that is true in the least, I will be quite excited.

Rattler did close but have we heard anything past that?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It's all rumors, but if you are smart enough to put the pieces together, especially since it has been rumored since before NTG was done that it was going to be the next SF project, well that or Colossus, it's clear that Rattler will be reborn as Iron Horse, especially if they are saying it's closing, like they did with NTG.

If you watch the video in the link for this, you will see the supports are back behind Apocalypse where Deja Vu used to be. Considering the ride was rumored to go from the back corner, all the way to wear log jammer was and be one of the longest coasters in the world, this makes perfect sense. I'm probably going to be going out there in about 2 weeks, after I get paid. Maybe by that time more parts will have shown up. One things for sure, if this thing is full of multicolored supports it will be **** dicks and pissing rainbows.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
^ Very pretty beams, may I add.
Yes Magic Mountain will be gotting a new coaster, when? Well that's another story, but to say that it could be an Intamin ground hugging coaster, with the worlds tallest loop is a bit far fetched at the moment.

Nic

Strata Poster
FFS, pretty sure none of this was there when I went the other week. I rode apocalypse several times and thought I'd had a good look over the deja vu area. Although I did keep getting distracted by the fact that there's still big chunks of what looks like it was probably the queue line just sat there.

Also, why didn't I take any pics of the area the other side of the path from where log jammer was ripped out?! Kind of in the general vicinity of the mooseburger lodge if I remember correctly. I'm really struggling to piece it together, as I swear something was boarded up/fenced off, but can't really tell what, as everything on google maps that it could've been, all still seems to be showing on the current park map. Although, there's a good chance I've got it all completely back to front and haven't got a clue what I'm on about.