What's new

Forbidden Rush | USA CF-Live | Trip Reports

Jer

Strata Poster
As of now SFA has been the **** park i've ever been in, dirty, the people want to kill me, the rides sucked (except Jokers Jinx which was good), there was no benches in the little shade there was.

But, Hershey tomorrow shall be awesome, see you all there!

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Just had a great couple of days. Bumping into Snoo, Youngster Joey, Error and Antonios in Lakemont Park yesterday wasn't even planned but was great fun, Leap the Dips was more fun than expected too. I then headed to Del Grosso's to try out their coasters, had to wait an hour for a storm to pass so I could get my big apple credit but the staff were friendly and the food was good. The day ended with the Atomic wings challenge at Quaker Steak and Lube, two milkshakes later and I was all good. Today the day started with Knoebels, had another great day with really good weather, Phoenix is an awesome coaster with some crazy airtime and moved straight into my number two spot. Finished off with a few hours at Hersheypark meeting up with the full Live group, took in Great Bear and a couple of goes on Lightning Racer before the Skyrush ERT. The park is beautiful at night when it's lit up. We managed 8 rides on Skyrush which was plenty, the ride is the most intense that i've been on, completely relentless. Everyone seemed to have the same problems with the restraints regardless of the seat they rode, for me it really detracts from an otherwise amazing ride, even so the forces and airtime on that thing are crazy. It was really cool to meet everyone who attended on my first live CF meet, but i'm on a different route now for the rest of my trip, I hope everyone has an amazing time for the rest of the live.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
despite the toro spite, sfga was still a good day.

knoebels was ace - and would have loved to have stayed longer. dorney was decebnt enough, but not quite spectacular, tgi fridays had sucky service, but good steak

SFA was a dump - I rarely complain about a park, but security were awful - I had a bottle of coke confiscted, and someone had a bandana taken (yep!) and the final wtf item of confiscation was someones hair curlers, because they looked like they were made of metal?! apocalypse wasn't as bad as I was expecting, and I quite liked batwing - despite greying out. rest of the rides sucked, lunch was ok, but they wouldn't gove you a straw with your coke, blah bitch moan.

we left early just to go back to SFGA to get toro, But our car was spited by the satnav (which turned out was stuck in pennsylvania mode), so we abandoned and headed to the hotel - the others were spited by traffic jams, and headed to washington. The steak in texas roadhouse that night was awesome!

hershey was an ace place, and skyrush blew everyone away! more later!

edit - with toro, quassy, coney and knoebels, I have a good excuse to come back sometime

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I305's not running like it has been. They really juiced up the trim on the back half airtime hill during the offseason. Pretty disappointing, because the first half is just so good.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
i305 had improved when we rerode later, but my fave coaster there was dominator - my new no.2 b&m, got a couple of rerides later, but would havre loved more when people were faffing about!

Jer

Strata Poster
Hershey park yesterday was amazing, The ERT in the morning reminded me why I loved Storm Runner and Fahrenheit, and then Skyrush is unbelievably strong and like Kim said infinitely rerideable. The drive home though nearly killed me, falling asleep at the wheel, with no credit card or money to get a hotel room

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Today at King's Dominion we passed me off as a 12 year old mute to get us on the Kiddie Credit.

Error, Sue, Peter, Ciall and madhjsp each got a turn. I went around that coaster 10 times without moving. It was entertaining to say the least

Also got my new #1 today, but that's a secret for now ;)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I had an awesome time spending the day with you guys at Kings Dominion! Definitely one of the best days I've had there, and there have been many. I was obviously pretty happy to see those of you whom I'd met before, and I really enjoyed getting to meet the rest of you who were new to me.

All in all, it was a pretty eventful day. I305 was disappointing to all during the ERT (thanks for putting that together Marcus!), largely because of the damn trim brake on the back half which, as of this season, was grabbing harder than ever and destroying all the speed and airtime remaining on the layout. I will say that when Marcus, Mark, Aiden, and I rode it later that night, the trim seemed to have eased off a bit & the ride experience was noticeably better. I'm not quite ready to bump it off my #1 spot because I've had some incredible rides on it in the past, but I really hope they figure out how to not **** the ride up sometime soon. They've changed something about it every few months or so since it was built.. wish they'd cut that out.

Flight of Fear was totally dark today.. they literally had no lights on inside the building, which was a first-time experience for me. Never had so much fun on that ride.

Glad we managed to successfully use Youngster Joey to pick up the elusive Taxi Jam credit, which I'd somehow managed not to nab in all the years I've been going there. Thanks for being a trooper & riding it out, buddy.

I thought Windseeker was actually slightly unsettling, even though heights on things like drop towers don't really bother me at all.

Looking forward to the next time! Hopefully once I figure out this whole post-grad job thing and get some money in the bank, I can actually come along on a full live sometime in the future.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The weekend was great.

Hershey​

The people at Hershey were kind enough to give us 2 half hour ERT's (in exchange we all by a meal ticket which is cheaper than buying the meals). We went to Fahrenheit first thing in the morning to start the first session of ERT. I got a good 4-5 rides in when the Hershey park representative said Storm Runner was ready so we went there for the other 15 minutes of our morning ERT. After that we went to the Roller Soaker. 3 words describe it really well. Wet, Cold, Breakdowns

From there we did the Wild Mouse and Wildcat. I enjoyed the mouse, but Wildcat gave me a splitting headache. From there we went to Sidewinder and Trail Blazer. If memory serves me we went to Sidewinder first. I already had the cred and with my headache from Wildcat so I sat it out. We went to Trailblazer which was nothing special and proceeded to make out way to great bear. We stood in line for about an hour due to ride breaking but it was nothing intolerable. After the bear (which was fun) we went to do the log flume. Fun ride that skims you across the top instead of a splashdown. After that was sooperdooperlooper. The new trains were good. we then went on comet and it came to light that Joe (Error) had 99 creds so went to skyrush. Joe got his 100th credit and we went to Lightning Racer. Rode both sides of course. From there Reese's Extreme challenge. My gun didn't work (which seems to be a recurring theme). After that Chocolate world and then back to the to the park to re-ride Great Bear and Lightning Racer in the dark. Both good rides.

Skyrush ERT was next and it was a lot of fun albeit very painful.

King's Dominion​

We got there in the morning and went to I305 ERT. I305 was great but the trimmed one of the airtime hills which kind of killed the ride. From there we proceeded to ride the coasters and to me nothing really stood out until we hit Rebel Yell. I'm really prone to headaches and motion sickness so when I can get off a ride with neither of the two happening it stands out. It's even rarer for woody's as well but this managed to pull it off.

The other standout of the day as I mentioned in a post above is that we passed me off as a 12 year old mute to ride the kiddie credit.

Busch Gardens​

Yesterday was a blast despite the semi-spite of Verbolten. We started the day doing the kiddie cred, Grover's Alpine Express, and then proceeded to Apollo's Chariot. This was a little disappointing as I had fond memories of the ride, and it was still fun, but no where near a number one. We then went to Verbolten. Verbolten is a fun ride and really disorienting in the event building. I got the Storm story. It was fine. The rest of the day was spent between Griffon, Alpengeist, Loch Ness, and faffing. It was a lot of fun and I'm excited to hear about next year already.

TBC

Got to get on the the plane

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Boulder Dash running badly? </3
Toro spite </3
Skyrush sounds like it may have made up for it a little though. My heart really does bleed for you though with those problems :(

I AM SOOO MAD RIGHT NOW! I had my alarm set for 4 in the morning to come and say goodbye to everyone and it didn't go off. In a way it could be a good thing because I would have cried :p Love you all, I had an amazing time :D . Thanks to the organizers and the drivers <3 Miss you all already!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I AM SOOO MAD RIGHT NOW! I had my alarm set for 4 in the morning to come and say goodbye to everyone and it didn't go off. In a way it could be a good thing because I would have cried :p Love you all, I had an amazing time :D . Thanks to the organizers and the drivers <3 Miss you all already!

They left before dan, the speeds (I think) and I got to the lobby at 4:15. Didn't get to say goodbye either

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Snoo

The Legend
furie said:
Toro spite </3
Skyrush sounds like it may have made up for it a little though. My heart really does bleed for you though with those problems :(

To be fair, Verbolten was incredible. Not the best in the world but unique and fun. Shame we didn't get on it again.

As for Skyrush.. it just needs some restraint tweeking.. and it will be more then amazing. It was a great ride tho.

As for the trip.. just got home. LOVED meeting you kids. Great coastering, great fun, great everything. Happy we put this together. Can't wait till the next one. :)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
furie said:
Toro spite </3

you were right about bizarro at new england though - just fantastc - better than egf and piraten put together, also better than collossos at heide- def my #1 now, skyrush is prob 2 or 3..

Was due to do kennywood today and idlewild tomorrow, but wild mouse and rollo coaster are both closed, so it's probably a blessing as I can recharge today and tonight...

just over 36 hours until the moment of truth - wil i fit on millie and ttd???
(won't be too fussed if wicked twister spites me!)

Snoo

The Legend
554714_4183830275323_1457382845_n.jpg

The group minus Brett who joined us later and Danny who joined us at KD. <3