What's new

Foods you won't eat

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm quite picky as my wife tells me. Won't eat anything based in the sea, vegetables except zucchini, carrots, and broccoli. No tomatoes or beans, unless you count string beans.

Love spicy food but it hates me so I lose that battle every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
After reading this thread, I don't think I qualify for a fussy eater moniker any more :lol:

I can't stand ketchup (but love tomatoes) and dislike mayo.

Beyond that, I'm pretty good generally. I find most Indian food dull, but will eat it.

I get headaches from lemongrass and pancakes so avoid them.

Oh, aubergine and marrow type things (courgettes, etc). They can do one.

Other than that, I'm picky in that I'll avoid stuff I don't really like, but at a push (apart from the above), I'll force myself to eat anything.

By the way. How hard is it to get prepacked sandwiches when you hate mayo? It's a nightmare!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If toddlers could write in an Internet forum...

I'm picky with meat and seafood.

With meat, I won't go near any kind of offal/innards. The s**t that may go into burgers/sausages/pate etc doesn't count since it doesn't resemble meat by that stage anyway. I prefer lean over fatty as well, but I'll try any kind of animal really.

With seafood, I'll eat any kind of fish and I'll eat shrimp/prawns, but I can't stand other shellfish. It all just tastes like sand and the texture is horrible. Not a big fan of squid/octopus either, but I'll eat it.

I won't eat nuts because of allergies, ranging from very mild to quite severe depending on the type. I'm not one of those "may contain nuts so have to wear a hazmat suit to school" arseholes by any stretch, but I avoid them.

Literally any/all fruit and vegetables are fine.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm picky with meat, I guess. Fatty, stringy, tubey bits I eat around. Won't tolerate hair or feathers on skin, or veins. Etc.

Prawns I'm fussy about. I like the flavour, but they've so often still got hard bits or tubes or just, CBA. Not worth it.

I won't eat molluscs ... Except maybe squid if it doesn't look like squid. But I don't really like that either.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Currents / Dates / Raisins etc. - Disgusting!

I don't eat any fruit to be fair apart from Bananas and even then they have to be at exactly the right state of ripeness. Its not even the taste that bothers me, I hate the texture of fruit in my mouth.

Prawns, Olives, Couscous, Beetroot. That's all that comes to mind.

I used to hate tomatoes but recently have become quite fond of them. Same with cheese on its own. Perhaps its an age thing...

Sandman

Giga Poster
^ Prawns, Olives and Beetroot. 3 terrible things!

I must qualify as a picky eater. My main dislikes are (aside from the aforementioned):

Tomatoes
Beans (I used to absolutely hate every year when somebody would sit in a bath of baked beans for money. Disgusting.)
Haggis
Any type of creamy sauce.
Coconuts or anything coconut flavoured.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jumping on your hatred of haggis, do you like sausages?

Very little between them apart from rusk and chemicals.

Sandman

Giga Poster
furie said:
Jumping on your hatred of haggis, do you like sausages?

Very little between them apart from rusk and chemicals.

I enjoy sausages now and again, depending on the type (Cumberland is nice). Haggis is a much worse taste in my opinion :p
I'm not really put off by food content, I'm just fussy with taste and textures.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
The foods I dislike & won't eat include:
A lot of fish/seafood
offal, liver, kidneys etc
sprouts
Very strong cheese and any blue cheese. Also camenbert and brie - yuk.
I also have gone off KFC forever after some food poisoning incidents.
I agree about olives too, they are unpleasant as is melon.
Pre packed sandwiches with egg in them - I only like ones I've made myself for some weird reason :D

By the way. How hard is it to get prepacked sandwiches when you hate mayo? It's a nightmare!

Tesco do quite a few sandwiches & wraps without mayo in them :) (although I do like it personally)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nope. Nothing. I'll eat whatever is put in front of me. There are things I'm not keen on and avoid if I can, such as seafood, but I'd still eat it.

When I was younger there were many things I didn't like - black pudding, kidneys, olives, mustard, broccoli to name a few few - but nowadays I enjoy eating them and will give anything a go. Maybe 15 years of smoking has killed my taste buds.

I'm not a picky eater at all, but the four things that my sophisticated palate just won't take to are: olives, onions, horseradish, and mustard. So gross.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Not fussy at all, but will not eat anything bouncy (mushrooms, shell fish, octopus, squid etc..).

Yak.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Hate and question me all you want- but I do not like hamburgers/cheeseburgers at all. Never have. Yes. I'm an American that does not like burgers. Carry on.
Not a big fan of most vegetables either. Most I will not eat, but a select few I will, which includes carrots, cucumbers, and grean beans.
Meat loaf is pretty nasty to me also and so are Sloppy Joes.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yay for not being fussy <3

Of the things mentioned so far, the only thing I cannot stand is horseradish.

I'm not a fan of ketchup, mash, olives, but wouldn't let them go to waste and can cope.

I can't understand people who don't like gravy, I can appreciate not wanting to make your food soggy...but a roast needs some moisture! Gravy is heavenly. I think Delia Smith once said 'gravy makes or breaks your Christmas meal', and she was spot **** on.

I never used to like beans, but now can't get enough of them, sprouts too, but now <3. I also used to only eat cucumber if it had been skinned before hand? **** knows why.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The thing with gravy is... It makes everything taste of gravy. That's fine in a pie or something, but roast spuds are delicious tasting so I don’t like to have that changed by making it taste of brown.

Likewise peas, lamb, etc.

Though I did make a proper gravy for "big Christmas dinner" at my in-laws about two years ago. Used all the bones and giblets and it was good. I still didn't have it on my food though :lol:

If you like sprouts, I recommend deep fried sprouts with bacon. In fact, if you don't like sprouts, have it anyway because it's delicious.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I'm not that picky about food, but I do think plain lettuce! I used to eat it as a kid, until I saw a movie where a family was sitting at a table to eat and giant cockroaches crawled out of a bowl of lettuce. Since that moment...I even get shivers when I hear lettuce crunch when someone eats it.

Not keen on olives, feta cheese or blue cheeses either. Or goatcheese. Or anything that comes from a sheep.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I just can't eat tomatoes makes me gag oddly enough. There are probably other foods, but I can't think of any nearly as prominent as my hatred of tomatoes. **** tomatoes.

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
I don't eat any vegetables non-organic, but if we talking about the actual foods, then sushi, spaghetti, shrimp & grits (I like shrimp AND grits, but not shrimp & grits), & oranges my taste buds just don't really agree with. As for restaurants, anything at Mother's is **** nasty as hell. I went to Mother's and the egg for my amulet was raw. Biscuits where super flaky. The staff where mean. Sausage was too tough. Food was tasteless. Place is cram crowded with yuppies. I got an uncomfortable feeling when I was there. Yet this place gets rave reviews all the time by tourists...