Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont really mind it

• Never flown before

• Total voters

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Im going with continental, ive only flown with them once but i cant remember.

One time we had turbulance and one kid who was about 5 shouted "do a loop! do a loop!" :lol:

nadroJ

CF Legend
Doesn't bother me, just annoying. I can never sleep now get comfortable. I especially hate long haul flights where, despite the fact that you have mini-TVs in the back of your seat, they play the same **** on repeat the whole way there. Urgh.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I don't mind it, but long haul flights get my goat, we went to New Zealand, (twelve hours to Singapore then fourteen hours to Christchurch) and my God was it crap. I just got pissed, but after I had a fair few they wouldn't give me any more, so I was pestering old people in near by seats to get it for me, good times.

Sara

Roller Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
Im going with continental, ive only flown with them once but i cant remember.

One time we had turbulance and one kid who was about 5 shouted "do a loop! do a loop!" :lol:

To the US? Do you know what size plane you're going on? (you can find out on continentals website)

757 and you're going to be out of your mind with boredom - the plane is 3seats/aisle/3seats and only has one screen for all of economy to share. 777 & 767's are much better, generally bigger planes and TVs in the back of the seat in front for everyone in economy.

General service levels seem to be 50/50. I'm flying Continental in July and hoping that its not as **** as some people have encountered but that I at least get fed and watered and any requests of the cabin crew don't go totally ignored. Alas I'm on a 757 for the flight out and a 777 for the flight back. :(

And no one should EVER fly US Airways anywhere. They're ****ing ****.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^ My perants and I went with Continental on a 757 to the Cleveland and it was good. There were refreshments comming every 10 mins or so and we had a TV in every seat with about 30 films/shows.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
I'm OK with flying, just a bit weird about take off more than anything, especially when you are hanging around waiting for a slot.

Flying Virgin Atlantic in June which hopefully shouldn't be too bad.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Once I'm on the plane relaxing in my seat and getting a window seat to look out of then I'm happy flying. But the whole queueing up, having to be a the airport hours before the flight, being threated like crap by security and then having to rush to the plane just to get a good seat annoys me.

If I am going somewhere were I have no choice in flying then I will fly, but if I'm going anywhere in Ireland or the UK I prefer using ferries, trains and buses even though it takes longer.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Don't think about t anymore, having done over 1000 hours of flying (September 07 - Sep 08). i just get on a plane, even as a passenger and not think about it. Its even better when there is hardly anyone on your flight, just take up 3 seats, and spread out =] just sooo nice and relaxing.

If you are afraid of flying, as someone said, just think what the pilots go through each day. the cabin crew who are standing up through the roughest of turbulence and could fall n your lap at any moment and you try and save them. then they charge you €5 for a sarnie :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
loefet said:
I have no problem at all about flying, but long haul flights are really booring though.

Agreed.

Flying for me in the last few years have ranged from the interesting hour long flights to the 'kill me' 5 hour flights.

Definitely enjoy the short flights. iPods come in a lot of handy.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
7 hour flight to New York, wait in new york for about 2 hours, then 2 hour flight to orlando. Great :roll: . Even better is that i can't find my DS or ipod charger :x

thx

Mega Poster
I like it. I'm pretty sure I'd get bored on longer flights, though as I already just have done on the longest flights (only 4.5 hours) so far.

What I don't like about flying are some 'related personal matters'. Like a few years ago when I had to sit and almost bend my legs (because they're long), because there was so little space (it was the very last row though) for over 4 hours. Also, my sensitive ears usually get locked for the whole first flight day (at least partially) and same when coming back.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Love flying, infact, I plan on getting a licence, I already have a few hours experience of flying, but still a good way off the 40 you need for a basic licence.
If you think G-forces on rides are big, try doing aerial acrobatics in a light aircraft capable of 6G.
Although I do get bored on flights easily as a passenger.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Our Continental flight ot Cleveland was a good one a little turnbulance but seeing a Sunset and Sunrise on the way back was Awesome.

On a different note I have also had a trial flying lesson and thoroughly enjoyed that too. Piper Warrior.

Ali

Mega Poster
I love it when I fly Business Class! I have been upgraded times three times and I am only 13!
In economy it's just boring though, especially if no good films are on and the food:pukeleft:.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
I'm not scared or anything.... but they aren't amazing :p

Take off is meh... i prefer landing!

I also can't fall asleep in cars... Planes are pretty much the same...

No matter how tired i am i cannot sleep sat up!