Do you get floppy arm?

• Yes

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

tks

Strata Poster
Does anyone else wake up sometimes with one arm completely numb and dead? Like I can't even feel it or move it! You have to get the other arm and lumber it around. Then after about 3 minutes the feeling comes back??

Martyn

Giga Poster
Yep.

That moment where the blood starts flowing again and if you even think about moving your arm it just hurts like hell is horrible.

Grabbing said dead arm and making it touch other... things... is an interesting sensation. Ahem.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, regularly.

Though, I've woken up with both legs like that too, on one occassion. The driver's cabin of a truck isn't the most comfortable place to sleep overnight.

Colossus

Giga Poster
marc said:
Yes but that because I sleep on my front with my arms under the pillow.

Exactly the same, I literally can`t get to sleep unless my head is rested on my arm, this results in a dead arm more often then not.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I used to get it all the time. I don't anymore... I do get insane pins and needles though, that are so bad I can't physically move my fingers. :S

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah, sometimes wake up in the night and can actually feel the blood flowing back into my arm which is a pretty weird sensation.

But yes it is rather inconvenient when trying to sleep :lol:

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
All the time, it really is annoying when I have to stay awake for all the blood to flow back. One time it happened to my foot while it was under my buttocks :lol: I sleep weird sometimes.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, my circulation is pretty shocking at the best of times. Guaranteed I lie on my front that I'll get it.

How do people deal with it if your arm is right under your body? You can't push yourself up as the arm is dead, and trying to pull it out is a recipe for disaster because you can't feel if your fingers are being dislocated :lol:

kimahri

CF Legend
Mysterious Sue said:
Getting it in your leg then trying to walk is always fun

Yeah, this. Dead arms are annoying. Walking with dead legs is amazing, especially going downstairs.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What the **** is wrong with everyone?! :p

This never (OK, not never, but not frequently enough for me to remember it happening) happens to me... maybe I'm doing it wrong... ;)