What's new

Financial Statements

So for my accounting class we have to send away requests for financial statements to different companies, and I wanted to do a roller coaster company, and was wondering, do you think they'd actually send away for one and does anyone have any financial statements or information on certain companies, preferably the more popular ones?

Thanks!

EDIT- How about any financial statements for Cedar Fair or Six Flags? Thanks again.

Is a financial report and statement kind of the same thing though? Because that's what I need for my project.

Thanks though, if Six Flags is the company I do choose to do my report on, that'll be more than helpful!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Nice try UC, but that would require Taylor to do something on her own & we all know that will never happen. :p

Smithy

Strata Poster
****-ing Pwned.

And Tay, you'll be lucky if they give you a reply, let alone documents. The companies which will give you the documents will already have them posted online somewhere.

Well I dunno, my teacher said we had to mail out business letters to get the statements, and my main question was do you think I'll actually get one back if I send out for it?

And I did do research on my own, but all I could find was information from 2005, and it needs to be current.

UC I hope you're happy you wasted your time, I didn't even read it. I could tell it was an asshole-y post from the getgo so I just avoided it altogether.

A

Anonymous

Liseberg have a really nice one on their webpage, it's all in Swedish though :p

Yah right UC, you could say to "look it up" to ANYONE who posts a question on here, but because it's me and so on and so fourth you decide to come in here telling me to look it up myself, when in fact there's nothing to really look up considering I was asking if you guys think they would SEND me one IN THE MAIL.

Liseberg have a really nice one on their webpage, it's all in Swedish though

Shame I'm not Swedish.. Or have a translator :p .

CMonster

Giga Poster
That was amazing, UC. :p

Tay, if your teacher told you to mail out letters, you should try that and see what you get. Send them out to multiple companies and you may get one back.

Just make sure the letter is professionally written and stuff.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
You sure you want to do it on something so big as a theme park?

You're gonna end up chasing the same grade, doing 5 times the amount of work than anyone else. You sure it's worth it?

I had to rethink a lot of projects at school and not let my passion get the better of me because I knew it'd be too tough a challenge and I could get the same, if not a better grade, doing something easier.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Screaming Coasters said:
You're gonna end up chasing the same grade, doing 5 times the amount of work than anyone else. You sure it's worth it?

Very good point there.

Your interest is in amusement parks, but don't let that cloud what you're doing if the information is too difficult to get hold of. Just do it on McDonalds or some other such company. It'll just be so much easier for you, and your teacher isn't going to give a flying **** which company you've chosen anyway as long as you complete the task effectively.

I know, I actually talked to my teacher about it and he said it's harder to do an industry based on entertainment and that kind of thing rather than like, a company that sells merchandise. I think I may just do Kelloggs instead, but might still mail one out to a coaster related company just to see what I get back.