What's new

Films that would make good rides

Jools

Giga Poster
Okay you might hate me for this, but what other films do you think would make good ride themes, and please try and be serious, I know it's tempting to write something like Borat, Teletubbies or something stupid, mind you Teletubbies would be good for that Kiddies coaster that Alton were planning for 2011, we've already got some film themed coasters like Top Gun, Saw, Crush's Coaster and Terminator Salvation, and lots of themed flats and water rides at the Disney parks and we saw the KingKong thing this year too.

Here's my examples:

Final Destination 3 - Some form of coaster with special sections like switchbacks, tilting sections and lifts like on Supistition Mountain.

Drag Me To Hell - A drop tower like Extremis or Tower Of Terror or something like Hex (maybe combined!), where you have a preshow of the old lady taking something from you, cursing it and giving it back, then you go into the next room which goes upside down as the devil thing torments you, then you go into a room like Extremis or Tower of terror, and you try to escape in a snappy shoot up (not a launch though), then you get caught, the floor lights up orange and you drop! Me Likes!

Pirates Of The Carribean: At Worlds End - Either a water ride of when they go over the side of the Waterfall thing, or an inverter ship in the shape of the Pearl when they go unpside down in the water to get back, might be great to use water effects and green strobe lightning.

Rush

Giga Poster
Jools said:
...or an inverter ship in the shape of the Pearl when they go unpside down in the water to get back, might be great to use water effects and green strobe lightning.

I actually considered this a concept when I was thinking something imaginative for a plan for an RCT3 park. I think maybe a new type of flat ride would work or some sort of indoor attraction to get the better feel of being out in the ocean. Of course it would only work spectacularly well with the soundtrack in that scene. (Up is Down) :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
After seeing Angels and Demons last night I felt it could be turned into a successful mad house style ride.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Hmm what films have I seen....
Ace ventura: the ride? Sort of big jeep themed cars, with a few flips and a recording of 'liiiiiike a glove'! Hehe...

Lord of the rings: Epicness... expedition everest but 10x as big...not that I've been to america...

Deep impact B+M dive machine?

Wallace and gromit robocoaster themed like the crazy contraptions...

What better duelling coaster than Alfred hitchcocks movie of the same name?

So far, these are the only ones I could come up with... but I sure should be able to come up with some more... sure I've watched more movies than that...

What was that, Howl's bouncy caslte or something?

A

Anonymous

Brad said:
Fast and the Furious: The ride

Universal Studios were thinking about this when Back to the Future was closing. But as we all know they went with Simpsons instead.

I've always imagined a 4-D show for the Hostel movies. Here's the plan:
You go into a theater and sit in chairs that look like dentist/operating chairs. When the movie starts, the chairs tilt back and there's a massive screen on the ceiling. The concept is that you're the victim being tortured, and there's a whole story to it. The scary part is that it's 3-D so all of the torture devices are right in your face.

If you read all that, thank you. :)

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
^Shame they went with the simpsons, they couldn't of fit it in but an Intamin Rocket or accelerator would of been good with something like Fast and furious. Or a drifting coaster with tokyo drift.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Brad said:
Fast and the Furious: The ride

I once made a mobius racing launch coaster on RTC3, that'd work really nicely for this, pimp out the trains with neons and away you go.

peep

CF Legend
ncvegas21 said:
You go into a theater and sit in chairs that look like dentist/operating chairs. When the movie starts, the chairs tilt back and there's a massive screen on the ceiling. The concept is that you're the victim being tortured, and there's a whole story to it. The scary part is that it's 3-D so all of the torture devices are right in your face.

I think that sounds cool, would be scary as hell. I assume 4D effects would be splatters of blood or something?

I reckon they should make a gremlins attraction, although it would never happen as its too old now.

Jools

Giga Poster
These all sound great, thanks for keeping the topic serious guys, because to be honest I wasn't expecting it, oh god I really shouldn't say this, now I will have to watch the topic filled with Carolina: The Ride, maybe Bolt would be good mixing a coaster like Pony Express with some 4D effects.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Night at the museum - Like, I dont know... a 3D/4D motion film ride like the simpsons =).

James bond aswell. I think that would be kinda cool... not sure what sort of ride but the potential is there =)

A

Anonymous

peep said:
ncvegas21 said:

I think that sounds cool, would be scary as hell. I assume 4D effects would be splatters of blood or something?

That and maybe the seats could vibrate when a chainsaw starts and other creative things. It would have to be an age limited attraction though because if I would make the attraction personally, I would go all out with blood and gore just like the movies.

A

Anonymous

The Incredibles! Maybe something like the Hulk at IoA - the phone rings and says "Incredibles, we need your help!" and then you launch out of the tunnel, and there could be different elements to represent some of the characters, like big hills for Mr. Incredible and inversions for Frozone. And then at the end the bad guy would be in jail and the police would say "Incredibles, we couldn't have done it without you!"

peep

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
Tron 2 Booster Bikes could race.

Oh my, I came up with exactly the same idea a couple months back when I was trying to create my idea for a WDS (Paris) expansion plan.

I reckon a James Bond attraction could be similar to the Men In Black attraction at Universal Studios. Basically you're the new recruit (for the Bond theme) MI5 and you have to tag along with Bond to take down a villain and his men. Obviously there would be more story to it etc but it would be entertaining.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I think like a final destination where you sit in a car and it moves foward and it ll goes red and really hot and like you pretend to get burnt to death on a sunbed and you shoot down to hell. !!

Charlie and the chocolate factory launched up and out coaster lol