What's new

Favourite Theme Park Food

Lfisher92

Roller Poster
Food would have to be chilli cheese fries from Sea World Orlando, it was the first bit of food I'd seen which wasn't in a little take out tray and was good value for the money. Also Pizza Hut Buffet at Thorpe Park, who doesn't like pizza? :D

Drink would have to be Butterbeer at Islands of Adventure.

Josh73

Giga Poster
^ I hated the butterbeer. Eugh, just gross. </3 Umm, I don't really have a favorite amusement park food. It will probably be over-priced and greasy anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Lfisher92

Roller Poster
Josh73 said:
^ I hated the butterbeer. Eugh, just gross. </3 Umm, I don't really have a favorite amusement park food. It will probably be over-priced and greasy anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Fair play :) Did you have frozen or fizzy?

Josh73

Giga Poster
^^ Is it actually GREEN gravy, Soubds kinda... non-apetizing...

But Lfisher92, let's stop having an MSN conversation now. ;)

Darren B

Giga Poster
All you can eat Pizza Hut at TP, So yeah the queue is usually shocking and it's generally a free 4 all to actually get your paws on it, but still... All you can eat pizza!

Oh and one of the UK parks really needs to explore the Nando's option <3

Aaron

Hyper Poster
I love the Mexican place at TP, I have made it a rule the last few times I've been there that I have to get a burrito, they're very good! Plus they're in house so you can get AP/staff discount (I miss my 25% lol)

It never seems to be busy in there either so I usually get my food hot and fresh and fast! Yummy!

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah Pizza Hut at Thorpe is good, although its a bit like feeding time at a Zoo.
I as far as own brand food I prefer the Giant Hotdogs next to Colossus.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Definitely funnel cakes!!! They are frickin' amazing and now I want one so bad! Also, Thelma's Frozen Lemonade, nothing better on a hot day.

Josh73 said:
I've always wanted to try those Potato Chip things at Cedar Point. Anybody ever had 'em?
Yes I have. They were giving out free samples one of the days I was there. They are pretty good and the catsup ones were quite unique. Worth trying at least.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think this has to go to Knoebels. The pulled-pork sandwiches there were something I'd actually want to buy outside the park, which I think is a fairly rare occurrence for me. They're fantastic. :D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Dollywood was amazing. Fried bologna sandwich. <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Az said:
I love the Mexican place at TP, I have made it a rule the last few times I've been there that I have to get a burrito, they're very good! Plus they're in house so you can get AP/staff discount (I miss my 25% lol)

It never seems to be busy in there either so I usually get my food hot and fresh and fast! Yummy!

I've not been to the in-house Merlin Mexican this year at Alton or Chessington. Never been to the one at Thorpe either so I can't real;y say but...

They used to be 'okay'. I enjoy Mexican, so even an okay one is great, but compared to restaurant or even home cooked, their stuff was never great. Plus the one at Alton was staffed by baboons without any kind of ability to serve or prepare.

The pie and mash at Alton is nice, as are the waffle fries at the courtyard. It's still "theme park fayre" though. I adore the wraps/kebabs next to the sea life. Freshly cooked flat breads - NOM! They're definitely my favourite in the UK, thought the new pie shop at Drayton is excellent - sadly it's at Drayton which means that it's staffed by the people too stupid to work at the Alton Mexican ;)

In the US, loved Knoebels food, really excellent quality, but even the Six Flags burger places weren't bad. The rest was a little hit and miss as always, but the German sausage oral extravaganza (or whatever it was called) in the German area of Busch Williamsburg was very good.

I usually have a picnic with me though :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
The hot dogs at Plopsaland are amazing.

And I had this lovely veal and chicken kebab at DLP, which too, was lush.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Hands. Down.

Red Cake.
19651_277866151270_644541270_4960545_5634977_n.jpg

The End.

All their parks have good food. I remember enjoying SeaWorld's too. And got a cake to go at BGT. LOL.

After that, Cedar Point's buffet thing made the park worth going to.