What's new

Favourite mine train?

alexr

Hyper Poster
What is you favorite mine train.
Mines is at disneyland paris.
(Sorry if theres already a topic 30 pages seems a bit much to look throught)

Ben

CF Legend
Colorado Adventure and any of the American Thunder Mountains. Paris' can go die in a hole, the overly sluggish piece of crap.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Agree on the Paris version being crap.

Big Thunder Mountain at Tokyo Disney for me. I would say Florida's as well, but I was so young when I rode it it wouldn't be fair to judge it now.

Thunderation at Silver Dollar City is probably the best non-Disney one I've done.

EDIT Take that back. Completely forgot about Gran Montserrat at Parque Espana. That thing is amazing.

1. Gran Montserrat
2. BTMR Tokyo
3. Thunderation

alexr

Hyper Poster
I kind of like the paris version due to themeing and its on an island.
The florida thunder mountain is good.

nealbie

CF Legend
The one at Phantasialand (Colorado Adventure?), despite the occasional awful banking issues it suffers from is the best that I've been on.

We'll see after Liseberg though, for their Schwarzkopf looks pretty fab! :p

Snoo

The Legend
Thunderation at Silver Dollar City. Really unique with some strong G's and a fun little layout. Like an improved Adventure Express at Kings Island.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I really like Disneylands'. I don't know why but I prefer it to Floridas.

I remember really enjoying American Adventures as well, I can't remember why though. I was young so there's bound to be bias present.

I'll go for Disneylands. I really like the fact you can walk round it too. I like odd things like that.

andrus

Giga Poster
The Michael Jackson thrill ride, or Colorado Adventure that's the official name, is without doubt the best one I've been on! Speedy, forcefull, long, a section in the dark and nice theming :--D love it!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thunderation at Silver Dollar City for me. It's got a good little layout and utilises the terrain extremely well.

Adventure Express at Kings Island was also a great laugh, but probably for the wrong reasons. ;)

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Gold Rusher at SFMM, I just love this ride but no one else seems to! Fantastic speed and it's amazing at night. I like Disneyland's Thunder Mountain but I feel like it stops way too much... as in just as it's getting decent you go up another lift. Adventure Express is another fun one but it's really rough.

The one at Six Flags St. Louis! Haha, kidding.

But yah, Thunderation backwards is awesome, definitely a unique experience, and it's even a fun ride when you're riding forward. I never got the fuss about Adventure Express, so I guess second would be Big Thunder Mountain in Florida.

Mike

Giga Poster
I'll have to go for Thunderation as well.
I never expected it to be too big or too fast, but it really surprised me!

A

Anonymous

IT WOULD BE THE MINE TRAIN AT ALTON TOWERS, ITS THE ONLY ONE I HAVE BEEN ON AS WELL!!!

OH NO CAPS LOCK WAS ON :/

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Hyde244 said:
Four Words

Cedar. Creek. Mine. Ride.

CCMR is quite possibly the WORST mine train I've ever been on. :?

Also, I'd have to say my nomination has to go for BTMR in Florida, but I haven't been on too many good mine trains. Trailblazer at Hersheypark is a pretty close second; it was fun and had a decent ending helix if I remember correctly. Kind of overshadowed by what's right next to it, though. :wink:

shane790_0

Roller Poster
I think the American Adventure mine train was one of the best ever and for me the best we had in the UK!

Cant wait untill the mellors get it up and running as a traveling train