What's new

Extremis

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It seems massively popular to me, and I think it has added a hugely successful attraction to the London Dungeon experience.

So no, unless you think for insurance purposes??? ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
No...

Firstly, why should it be burnt down? You're not giving any reasons to back up your statement...

Secondly, it's inside a listed building so it's basically at it's max possible height...

Thirdly, it's bloody amazing... Forceful as hell for such a little thing...

I really liked Extremis, it's really good for the height that it is. Remember, not every member of the general public wants a 250 foot drop tower.. They're not there to experience an amusement park or thrill rides, the drop tower is just an extra thing and I think it pulls off what it sets out to do.

Hey.. It made me scream :lol: .

nealbie

CF Legend
If ONLY Th13teen's similar sized drop was as powerful as Extremis.... :(

Permission to say, "You're mental" , Corkscrew? :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, re-reading the initial discussion point over. I think we may have dismissed it unfairly and taking into account all the points made - I think that indeed, the ride should clearly be burned to the ground.

^ LOL, Phil <3

But seriously, all things considered, if the drop tower was built into a theme park yah, it would be a bit sad and disgraceful, but London Dungeon's isn't a theme park, people aren't there for ride thrills, so it's fine for where it is.

nealbie

CF Legend
furie said:
Actually, re-reading the initial discussion point over. I think we may have dismissed it unfairly and taking into account all the points made - I think that indeed, the ride should clearly be burned to the ground.

I don't know, it's not in the "Great Fire" section. But then again, it's not unlike Merlin to participate nonsensical theming... ;) :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, I was just discussing this with a ride op from my local park. He said that they'd been offered Extremis as a new attraction, but as it's so awful, the turned it down and instead Merlin said "we'll just have to burn the thing down then".

It's true, I even have a picture of my ride-op source running his ride!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-s ... 650858.jpg

corkscrew

Roller Poster
Ok I realise the error of my ways and yes nealbie permission granted.

But the water ride should be destroyed because it doesn't make any sense

nealbie

CF Legend
Furie - he REALLY works in that AMAZING park on that EPIC roundabout?! You must be such a proud father! :p

corkscrew said:
Ok I realise the error of my ways and yes nealbie permission granted.

You know what?..... I'm going to save that for a later date! ;)

corkscrew said:
But the water ride should be destroyed because it doesn't make any sense

Come on now... It's rubbish, yeah. But it does serve a purpose!

Would you want to walk through all that waist-high water to get to the next section of the dungeons?!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I haven't been on it, and know nothing about it. However, even with zero knowledge, I know that entrails hanging from the ceiling would have absolutely nothing to do with the ride.

Ollie

CF Legend
Extremis is AMAZING. I'd go round the 90 minute dungeon tour eery time just to get another go on it. It may be small but its a great end to the dungeons and the drop in the dark is fantastic. So forceful and the airtime is really intense. The models and audio at the top may be a little cheesy but it just makes it even more unique.
As for the boat ride. It's alright but as soon as you reach the lift hill all the themeing just dissappears. All it needs is a bit more themeing and a few new effects to spice it up a little :)

But yeah. Extremis is amazing.

Haha entrails hanging from the ceiling? That doesn't have too much to do with being hanged.

I actually liked the water ride. I didn't even know that it existed, and it was kind of disorienting. Though it didn't have too much to do with the Dungeons itself (well I guess it kinda did, though I doubt the boat ride to Traitor's gate was that exciting), it was still cool.