What's new

Evergreen

RCF

Strata Poster
Well I've been trying for awhile to do a EuroFighter and I've always ended up scrapping ideas but I think I might make a quality coaster this time round (hopefully).

So here's some pictures, let me know what you think of the colors. Track is finalized pending others opinions, train colors are not final.

evergreen11010620330400.png

evergreen11010620331600.png

evergreen11010620333200.png

More to come soon. Comments and criticism appreciated :)

Jer

Strata Poster
what are the gs like coming out of the drop. The pull lout looks a little sharp. I know as well that the gs at the bottom of euro-fighter towers can get pretty high.

RCF

Strata Poster
yeah I've been trying to fix the pullout to make it not so intense. G's are reaching 5-6

Jer

Strata Poster
and easy fix is for you to start the pull out earlier the portion of the track thats beyond vertical doesn't need to be that far down.

Also why didn't you name it Sexual Man Chocolate.....I am disappoint.

jokerman

Giga Poster
The lift and the drop look too far apart. It might be because there's no supports yet, or because it's a small drop. What height is it?

RCF

Strata Poster
^Relatively small. It's meant to be something to add to a small park to increase popularity. It's about 100-120 ft I think.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To me the whole top of the lift and drop is mis-shapen. If you look at Speed (I know it's up the higher end of your height band, but this was a good picture):

http://www.rcdb.com/2721.htm?p=15765

The rotation from 90* upwards to 90* downwards is almost circular. I think that's why yours looks so odd. After that, the pull out is more gradual and it doesn't seem to 'invert' as much. Hopefully that explains why it looks wrong.

Xpress

Strata Poster
RCF said:

The exit of this element might be slightly painful IMO...

In all seriousness, yeah, the lift top and drop is mishapped. Eurofighters have extreme small radius for their tops then a LONG leadout to keep the forces from spiking too high.

Jer

Strata Poster
the exit isn't like that dumbass, he simply completed the track as it was so that he could ride the ride in continuous mode.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I've got a feeling it was a joke. ;) Albeit a **** one.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Jer said:
the exit isn't like that dumbass, he simply completed the track as it was so that he could ride the ride in continuous mode.

No ****. Something called sarcasm. Look it up.

FWIW, shuttle mode works just as well... Just saying,..

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I agree with the comments on the drop. Very misshapen. Will also make the support tower hard to build that far apart.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I felt like making a visual, because it's just easier to show someone sometimes than it is to explain it (at least for me):

eurofighterlift.jpg

See how sharp the top is? Once the train gets off the lift chain it should pretty much whip into the 95* section, probably spike up to -1.2 at least in the back car.

Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn't spend much time on it. :oops:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's far too large. ;)

EDIT: Wait, I think that's what Ash meant. The radius is too big, therefore making the transition too 'shallow'. I see what he means now. I think.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
It's far too large. ;)

EDIT: Wait, I think that's what Ash meant. The radius is too big, therefore making the transition too 'shallow'. I see what he means now. I think.

Yeah, I worded it wrong. :lol: