What's new

Ever been seriously jealous?

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I'd like to make a point.

It's not jealousy but I can't stand it when people are so smug when they visit somewhere like Florida. They come back and do nothing but belittle UK parks and talk nothing but Florida. "This is crap, this is great - I'm superior to you".

It just seems to make people forget why they had a passion for theme parks in the first place.

A

Anonymous

I envy people that can go on multiple week trips spanning 10+ parks...I really want to do that.

I don't have it that bad though to be honest with you. I have Knoebel's, Hershey, Dorney, and Great Adventure within a 3 hour driving distance, and when I'm at college next year, I'll be 60 miles from Cedar Point and within driving distance of Kennywood, Waldameer, King's Island, Indiana Beach, Kentucky Kingdom, and Holiday World, although the last 2 are a bit of a stretch.

A

Anonymous

I liked being around Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, but Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a great substitute.

The Griffon coaster and all the cool discount deals they offer are worth it!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I don't tend to get jealous so much as a bit disappointed if someone is going somewhere amazing and I'm not going. That said, it doesn't really drag me down, as I know that sooner or later, if I want to go badly enough, I'll be able to plan a trip of my own and go.

jamesw12

Roller Poster
Im jealous of how my freind has been to Florida for Christmas for the last 2 years and to make it worse he comes back telling me how amazing the hulk and duelling dragons were every time :p

supersion

Mega Poster
I'm not usually a person that get's jelous, but there is one of my friends that is on holiday constantly, or going to some theme park, and she never seems to appreciate it.

If I did half of the things she did, i would be a very very happy person. I suppose I should appreciate where I go, and what I've got, but when you have something like the above come up, it's really annoying.

Anyway, now I've got that over with, I'm not jelous anymore... Somehow.. :)

A

Anonymous

I'm jealous of people that get to go to parks in popular tourist destinations: florida, spain etc, my dad makes us go to places like denmark and norway where the parks arnt as good.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
^ Dude, do you really neeed to keep resurrecting dead threads.

Anyway will continue... I am EXTREMELY jealous of anybody attending the Th13teen evening on the 19th. :( Sucks as I'm at the park that day :(

Martyn B

CF Legend
Not really...

But if I'm at work and hear on the Radio about people on their way to Alton Towers, naturally I'm jealous!

andrus

Giga Poster
I'm seriously jealous of all the people how live in the US with all those great coasters! Not that I wanne live there otherwise :p I'm just jealous of the coasters...

A

Anonymous

Most of the time I am not jealous because I go to theme parks more than my friends - but I do get a little jealous during fright nights at Thorpe Park when everyone but me seems to be going but I can't (My parents won't let me go during fright nights).
And I sometimes get jealous of all the people who've been on Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster, becuase they're so fast and big, and I can't go on them (at least, not for a long time).

Nic

Strata Poster
I was quite jealous when Sara went to SFGAd the other year. She'd spent months banging on about it, purposefully trying to wind me up. She kept taunting that she was going to get to go on KK and I wouldn't.

KK was shut the whole time she was there.

I laughed. A lot.