What's new

Eurovision 2010

Nic

Strata Poster
Will completes me <3

I don't know where I've been for this topic so far, tbh... but he's been holding the fort nicely. Well done Willy. Surely by now you all know what an ESC fangirl I am. I do, however, know where I was for the second semi... and that was in a pizza restaurant with the missus and her mate. Argh! Waiting for it to appear on iplayer so I can watch it, and finally be forgiven for the sin that was missing it.

As for the 1st semi - my thoughts can be viewed HERE.

As for the 2nd one... all I know is that a) the spangly pants men were robbed, and b) Romania are FAB.

Actually, if Romania (or, failing that, Albania) don't win, I will give a fiver to charity (I was gonna say "give willy a bj", but money is more painful to me right now).... it's THAT fab!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFYLp-r0ZVA

Jake and I will be camping it up at the Duke of York's Eurovision Party tomorrow night :D

nealbie

CF Legend
I have placed a fiver on Georgia to win at 33/1 - bring me my £165! They tick all the boxes, pretty singer, catchy song, Eastern European sovereign state..... :roll:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ben said:
That Belgium guy can get on me, in me, or whatever the hell he wants...

Hehe, he's my favourite and has been since the semi's. It's not the best song, but it's just so cute and really nice :)

Now onto the UK: That was the worst song I have ever heard. He couldn't hold those last notes at all xD I'm going to say 3rd from last, my final prediction.

jokerman

Giga Poster
The song was OK, but it was a lacklustre performance. He was clearly nervous and was just putting on a brave face. When you add to that the awful backing singers who were flat most of the way through, it was not so good.

marc

CF Legend
nealbie said:
I have placed a fiver on Georgia to win at 33/1 - bring me my £165! They tick all the boxes, pretty singer, catchy song, Eastern European sovereign state..... :roll:

Well that was a waste of money.

Ben

CF Legend
This year was actually AWFUL to be honest. Germany actually managed to be WORSE than ****ing last year's cock...

Dave

CF Legend
170px-Lena_Oslo3_cropped.jpg

Oh well, she's fit thought, those curves are so nomm

jokerman

Giga Poster
I object to the lyrics in her song. Gravity is not a strong force, it is one of the weakest in the universe, and I do not wish to see her preaching her incorrect physics to Europes children! :wink:

If the rest of Europe hates us so much, I think we just shouldn't bother sending billions of pounds in financial aid to them. We'll just wait until they're crippled by debt and invade.

I'm now addicted to that French song. I normally despise that sort of music, but something about it made it really catchy.

Will

Strata Poster
Like a satellite, I'm in an orbit all the way around you,
And I will fall out into the night,
Can't go a minute without your LOVE! <3

Easily 'Die schönsten Mädchen' ever to come out of Deutschland may have had my vote the second she started singing about her toenails, but seriously, I give it a few hours until having that in my head stops seeming like the most amazing thing ever, and becomes maddening to the extent that I cry out "Come back Rybak and your violin of doom, all is forgiven!" In more bad news, that result means I'm keeping the avatar for a while :lol:

I'm... trying to think back, and except maybe Ryback and Lordi, I don't think a favourite of mine has had that kind of success before. Was a double win this year, with second favourite Turkey not far behind, not so sure what happened to Azerbaijan, who were tipped to beat Lena to the post, which just proves bookies don't always know best.
More thoughts when I've had victory based times, and stopped being hyper, I feel :)

And... while I always become an honorary national of someplace else on Eurovision night, I guess I'll still take a minute to giggle about Josh. To be fair, he wasn't the worst. Ugh, Russia, Ireland etc.
Lain voted for Greece. Silly Lain.

Neal on msn earlier said:
Will. You've gone and done it. Made me sexually attracted to a GERMAN.
I WILL exact my revenge!

Bring on Berlin 2011 <3

EDIT: The Results of the Will Jury :)
Germany
Turkey
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Romania
Ukraine
Portugal
Georgia
Denmark

Nic

Strata Poster
Will, you don't compelte me anymore. You're useless. But not as useless as that German WITCH!

As per my last post on here, a fiver of my much needed, hard eraned, cash has gone to Sussex Beacon. Sorry Will.