What's new

Europe vs america

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
RedRiot UK said:
Yes, Europe definitely needs to pull its socks up if it wants to truly compete.

Does "it" want to compete though? I'd go with no. Ok, so a lot of Brits go to Florida for the parks, but aside from that (and the enthusiasts) Europeans will go to European parks and Americans will go to American parks.

They're in such vastly different areas of the world that there really is no competition between them.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The generic stereotypical view I see is that America has large 'in your face' parks, and Europe has smaller, better themed parks.

Some of the trip reports I've seen from European parks look amazing, yet most American parks seem to look the same. Apart from the obvious Disney, Busch etc.

I think we have 2 good examples right here in the UK. Alton represents Europe, and Thorpe - America.

Thats the view I see things anyway.

A

Anonymous

UC said:
Ok, so a lot of Brits go to Florida for the parks, but aside from that (and the enthusiasts) Europeans will go to European parks and Americans will go to American parks.

I will also mention that in terms of the overall "theme park experience," there isn't really anything that will ever compete with Florida.

The way Florida operates, compared to other areas of the U.S. where a bunch of entertainment is packed in to a small area, it might as well be its own "country" as far as this conversation is concerned. It siphons just as many people off of U.S. parks as it does the international market.

That's true. You could make a "Florida vs. the rest of the US" thread, and you'd get a very good debate out of it.