What's new

Europa Park |"Wodan"| GCI Wood

ry1996

Mega Poster
Re: GCI Wooden Coaster - Europa Park 2012

Ive been Seeing pics of this Latest Construction update- Yesturday.
I honestly cannot tell were the hell they are going to Put the Lifthill ? anyone know in such a small area like that. ?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

It's a stave church.

I'm in love.

D1993

Hyper Poster

great great great! When I win the lottery (wishful thinking haha) I am booking a flight to germany! and then a taxi cab or whateer to Europa Park :)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Dragons!!!
If it's even half as good as the concept art, it'll be beautiful.
Really can't wait to hear more about this now.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Apparently, The rides real name has not been announced yet ?
Its not going to be called Mythos thats just the Code name for it.

STC

Mega Poster

The Best Theme Park In The World have just released photographs of the layout:

298939_188249787909173_187851141282371_448261_4383109_n.jpg

319445_188249871242498_187851141282371_448262_3798324_n.jpg

294083_188249444575874_187851141282371_448260_1900138_n.jpg

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster

The layout is quite interesting. I like how they have managed to use almost every foot of space they were given, along with coiling around two rides. I can't wait to see the finished result.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I love the interaction with Supersplash, looks really really good.

Let's hope Europa can pull this off! :D

D1993

Hyper Poster

like everyone else, I LOVE the interaction! The ride itself im sure is also going to look great and the visual impact of this is fantastic. An awesome wooden coaster like this is just PERFECT for europa park!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I'm no structural engineer specializing in wooden structures (yet), but I'm kinda wondering... wouldn't the splash from the supersplash really drench the surrounding wooden structure, thus making it rot about twenty times faster than the rest of the coaster? I'm sure Europa Park have thought about this, but it strikes me as kinda odd... I mean, those boards would have to be replaced annually or thereabouts. Sure it has to be expensive?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Two things. Firstly I don't think that the actual splashdown of the Supersplash would hit the wood. It's got one of those bunny hops after the drop and I think the coaster goes over than instead of the final splash-down. http://www.rcdb.com/2928.htm?p=12539 In the position the wooden track is in I don't think it'd get much more than a light spray.

Also, the wood could be treated or coated or even covered to help prolong the life.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Found this on Youtube

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILa-IaxT6Kc[/youtube]

Shubinine

Mega Poster

You people realize the headchoppers on Blue Fire and Atlantica that this ride creates right?

michaellll

Mega Poster

^That.

This being a GCI rocks. This interacting with other rides is great. The first drop looks orgasmic. I'm PRETTY sure that there's a station fly by which is amazing.

It doesn't look terribly long though, but I guess that's to be expected with the space given.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I know you cant see the whole layout, but it looks like it could be pretty short for a modern day Woodie.

Shubinine

Mega Poster

^ I was thinking of that too. The layout being rather short like this makes them able to pull that 2000 pph they're looking for.

STC

Mega Poster

I heard 1800pph, and even that seems unrealistic. It'd be double what a GCI normally gets.

But this is Europa, and their absolute number one thing is throughputs (one of the many things that makes it by far the best theme park I've ever been to). They're the only park that have managed to persuade B&M to alter their safety systems (restraint lights on Silver Star, not having to hold down the buttons during dispatch) to up the throughputs.

Still, god knows how they're gonna double the throughputs on this. At TTF, we're guessing in-line loading, at least three trains, no seatbelts, and the lifthill as a block section.