What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Christian

Hyper Poster
I think this is very tasteful. I really like that they got an actual Croatian company to sponsor the main ride in the Croatia area.

Wonder how come Mercedes did not have exclusive automobile sponsorship rights at Europa Park?

Efan

Mega Poster
Sad they couldn't get Tesla on board given the entire point is paying homage to Nikola Tesla! Will it be the Rimac™ Coil?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Thank god they didn't go for Tesla given Elon Musk is a *insert words which would get me banned here*

Silver Star...
Blue Fire Megacoaster powerered by Nord Stream 2

Now compare this to Voltron, its been tastefully done & I don't think many will care/notice really
Blue Fire's was a subtitle and Silver Star is subtler given the ride isn't outright called Mercedes.

There is nothing subtle about whacking a car name into the main name and the company in the subtitle. "Voltron Nevera: Powered by Rimac" is actually their worst yet. Thankfully though most people not paid to will just continue to refer to it as Voltron.

Shame the original plans of no sponsorship gave way to this last minute add in.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Blue Fire's was a subtitle and Silver Star is subtler given the ride isn't outright called Mercedes.
Blue Fire‘s was not a subtitle, it was the actual name of the ride. Every single mention from the park utilised the full name, always calling it blue fire megacoaster Powered by Nordstream 2.

What you mean is the sponsoring of Wodan, which is actually named „Wodan Timburcoaster in cooperation with Mustang Jeans“, with the Mustang part being just a subtitle and rarely mentioned.

I am still wondering why they didn’t go for „Voltron beyond vertical launch coaster Nevera powered by Rimac“, as I thought they were going to put the ride type in the name.
Or „Voltron Stryker coaster Nevara…“. Well, if it helps then to keep the park afloat, there is little I can do against those sponsored names. At least it’s a Croatian company this time, so they might be going somewhere with their sponsoring deals.

Sonbart

Roller Poster
A new Artwork was also released today.

Presse_Artwork.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Where was that posted?

The post also says it has a 105⁰ launch, the steepest in the world. I think that's the first time this has been confirmed, or exact details have been stated.

There's also a full official virtual POV, again can't remember if this has been released before, but still good to see again: https://www.veejoy.de/en/movies/pov-onride-coaster-2024

cookie

Giga Poster
They’ll probably rename it to just ”Voltron” whenever the sponsorhip expires. I think most people are just going to refer it as that anyway.

opivy028

Mega Poster
They put the sponsor... in the name of the ride? Not just a subtitle, that wasn't good enough?

Oh dear Europa...
Seeing how so many parks and chains have pulled back on spending on big rides, I wouldn’t be surprised if selling naming rights became more and more commonplace in order to fund big coasters, not all that dissimilar from all the sports stadiums naming rights. Seems like something right up six flags’ alley.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I really don't like the sponsoring. It gives it some cheap taste. Honestly, I wouldn't have any problem to pay a bit more to enjoy the park without it (I mean, provided the park actually needs it to do those investments). There is a reason I was at Europa only once in the last 10 years while living in Germany for most of this time. I think it just does not fit to the immersive experience and upscale appearance they aim for (in contrast to Six Flags which is an entirely different approach to start with). But to cap it all off, they cooperated with Nordstream/Gazprom. When I visited in 2017 I actually did not (and hence never rode) Blue fire. When approaching the coaster in the early afternoon I saw a 80mins wait and was thinking whether I'd do it right away or later that day. But then I saw that sponsorship and literally just left the park. I will probably come back to ride Voltron and finally get a ride on Blue fire but I'll probably never become a fan of this park even though they do a lot of things right.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
I really don't like the sponsoring. It gives it some cheap taste. Honestly, I wouldn't have any problem to pay a bit more to enjoy the park without it (I mean, provided the park actually needs it to do those investments). There is a reason I was at Europa only once in the last 10 years while living in Germany for most of this time. I think it just does not fit to the immersive experience and upscale appearance they aim for (in contrast to Six Flags which is an entirely different approach to start with). But to cap it all off, they cooperated with Nordstream/Gazprom. When I visited in 2017 I actually did not (and hence never rode) Blue fire. When approaching the coaster in the early afternoon I saw a 80mins wait and was thinking whether I'd do it right away or later that day. But then I saw that sponsorship and literally just left the park. I will probably come back to ride Voltron and finally get a ride on Blue fire but I'll probably never become a fan of this park even though they do a lot of things right.
I think 99.9% of guests at Europa Park would rather pay the (already expensive) entry fee and see sponsorships, most of which they probably will not even acknowledge anyway.

I agree that sponsorships do cheapen the aesthetic a little, though. The Nordstream sponsorship wasn’t a great look at all, but the other brand deals I can usually just gloss over.

As for you leaving the park immediately after seeing the Gazprom sponsorship, I get where you’re coming from although it does sound like you just wasted a day at a theme park when you’d already paid the entry fee 😂

As for Voltron, I’m not mad about the sponsor being in the name tbh. I imagine that most will just see the word ‘Voltron’ and probably forget the weird word underneath it. It does suck some of the magic out of it all though. I imagine if Taron was ‘Taron Nissan’ and had the Nissan logo plastered around it I’d be pretty miffed!

Melons

Roller Poster
I don't think its that big of a deal. I never really put too much thought into the Pepsi Max Big One and Ribena Rumba Rapids, so long as it doesn't detract from the experience then its okay. If the first minute of a ride experience was watching a 30 second advertisement then yeah sure that would be an issue, and I wouldn't want to ride it again.

Ride sponsorships have been around for a while and the majority of the time are barely noticed in my opinion. I doubt they would make them egregious because they do want customers to return to the park.