What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I reviewed this on a trip report, I’ll do a quote. But yeah it’s my #1, didn’t feel rough a few days ago. Maybe they’ve changed the wheels or something?

Voltron is long, airtime packed, and has a lot going on. It is a complete ride. Some have mentioned roughness to which I honestly didn’t even feel a rattle, but maybe that was more of an opening week problem. The reliability certainly is a problem though, with the ride going down a few times a day which is rare for coasters at EP. The ride certainly is complex but I hope they are able to iron out any of the reliability problems.

I rode only twice, but I feel like I got a decent idea of the ride. The morning was brilliant, the evening ride was something else. We entered the queue just before park close, so we rode at dusk time. For me it solidified as one of my favourite roller coasters, top 3 at least, maybe my favourite. I don’t wanna overhype, but the evening ride I had was aggressive as hell. Some of the airtime moments felt stronger than most of the RMC’s, it was brutal (in a good way). Voltron is the best coaster at Europa and my favourite ride in Europe for sure. Steel Vengeance is the only ride I would say fights it, but I probably will put Voltron at #1 after some thinking/reriding. But yeah, Voltron is worth it. I queued two hours for my first ride, and don’t regret it!

TheAverageJuel

Roller Poster
I hear nothing but good stuff about Voltron. I had better get my a** over to Europa Park and get on it.

Current #1 bucket list coaster is Voltron, so yea :/

Trax

Hyper Poster
I’ve had multiple rides this week, and Voltron can be an amazing coaster. But it can also be horrible.
The good trains are fine on the inner seats and rough, but still bearable on the outer ones. The bad trains are rough on the inside and horrible on the outer seats.
I think I would rather skip a ride then having to endure one more ride on the outer seat of a bad train. It is that bad. Easily one of the worst rollercoaster experiences I’ve ever had.

But the good seats on good trains are actually really good. It’s a bit like on Hyperion, but way larger spread between good and bad.

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
This Coaster type would be a perfect replacement for Rip Ride Rockit, but unless Mack can fix the prototype, they won't sell any more of this Coaster
I had 9 rides in thuesday and every ride was a variation of (too much) vibration.
If Mack actually fixes the vibration , would it be the first time, or was it done before? (Without new track or trains)

davidm

Strata Poster
Posted in the last cred thread, but...

I rode Voltron a few times today. It was good. It was better in the middle seats (which I got via the full q) rather than the left wing seat (which you will get in the SRQ).

Thought it was a bit Smiler-esque to start with but on later rides (and preparing for the next element better) it was a lot better. Turntable is very odd, but the launch after that is fab so makes up for the odd pause in the middle of the ride.

Very nicely presented too, decent locker system, seemed a good throughput too.

Bit of a winner then! :)

Edit, the next day...

Rode it a couple more times today, liked it more and more each time I think, so yes very good.

It did different things today though;
on the first launch, it bounced (quite a lot - whole track section bounces up and down) before it launched. Was not doing that yesterday! Full of surprises. ;)

Last edited:

TheTalbotHound

Roller Poster
It’s been long discussed and concepts already exist in Mack NeXT’s offices for EuroMir 2.0 - it will basically be getting the EuroSat treatment. All that hasn’t been clear is when that will happen. Teaser seems to suggest it is the next project soon then!
So does that mean no layout changes? It would be sad to see them stick with Euro Mir's 90s layout in a space with much fewer constraints than they had within the Euro Sat dome. The worst case would be a retheme without a layout change, losing the iconic euro mir music but staying stuck in the 90s for the layout. If Europa Park's decision makers had any sense in them, they would let their designers put in a better layout. But with Roland still in control, holding back progress for the sake of nostalgia at the park, and potentially even back to his old ways of micromanaging engineers and designers at mack rides, decisions at the top often don't make a lot of sense.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
So does that mean no layout changes? It would be sad to see them stick with Euro Mir's 90s layout in a space with much fewer constraints than they had within the Euro Sat dome. The worst case would be a retheme without a layout change, losing the iconic euro mir music but staying stuck in the 90s for the layout. If Europa Park's decision makers had any sense in them, they would let their designers put in a better layout. But with Roland still in control, holding back progress for the sake of nostalgia at the park, and potentially even back to his old ways of micromanaging engineers and designers at mack rides, decisions at the top often don't make a lot of sense.
What has always surprised me is that Euro-Mir is not a true spinning coaster, in the sense that it doesn't really show the true potential of the model since for more than half the layout the vehicles are locked. Maybe with Euro-mir 2.0 they can keep the music banger, the rave spiralling lift, but change the layout for a smoother, more dynamic one. Hopefully, with new-generation trains we can enjoy free-spinning throughout the whole ride.

TheTalbotHound

Roller Poster
What has always surprised me is that Euro-Mir is not a true spinning coaster, in the sense that it doesn't really show the true potential of the model since for more than half the layout the vehicles are locked. Maybe with Euro-mir 2.0 they can keep the music banger, the rave spiralling lift, but change the layout for a smoother, more dynamic one. Hopefully, with new-generation trains we can enjoy free-spinning throughout the whole ride.
I think all of us are hoping for something like that. But the rumours coming out of both mack and europa park's camps right now all say "eurosat treatment". It's not clear what exactly is meant by that in each case, but it seems to suggest keeping the original layout but possibly changing the theme, just like cancan did. That would really be the worst possible choice of changes though. Keeping the part no one likes and getting rid of the only theme park music so iconic it gets played in clubs and bars.