What's new

Europa Park Tips and Tricks.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
At the end of the month I'll be heading out to Germany for a well deserved holiday and a couple of days in Europa Park.

So my question is simple, any advice? Things like what queues badly and when, what's worth avoiding or doing? Good places to eat? Anything else cool in the local area? Car parking tips, whatever...

Thanks.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I'd say there isn't anything to avoid as Europa Park's got some great rides and attractions - especially Blue Fire :D I'd recommend doing the laser show as that was really good. (if it's still open as I know it's being changed to a history of the park).

Also the Queens Diamonds is hard to find as it's well hidden but is worth doing, as is the diamond mine walk through - the entrance is round the back of their mine train coaster alpenexpress and is also hard to miss.

The queues go down really quickly thanks to efficient staff which is a bonus so even if the line looks long, it won't take too long to get on a ride.

Europa Park's in a small village and there isn't really much else to see but it is in a nice place.

andrus

Giga Poster
I visited Europa Park this easter holiday and the queues were very short to none existent. But I guess the queues are picking up the further into the season it gets, so can't really give any advise on that.

I do have a couple of tips though :--D

1) Silver Star has a very short front line queue, PICK IT! The attraction is rubbish in any other seat (no air time) but awesome in the front (you reach the top before the trims hit)!

2) Do not miss out on "Pirates in Batavia" which is quite hard to find. A massive indoor ride with great amount of detail. The best one of it's kind I've ever been too!

3) Eurosat is awesome! Simple as that :p

4) The sandwich stall near Atlantica Super Splash serves some really nice food! The rest of the food we ate at the park was average, but this was great :--D

5) Rust is a beautiful little town to walk through and has many really great restaurants, it's great just to chill out in the town after the park has closed :)

6) You can buy your park tickets at most of the hotels in Rust, meaning you don't have to stand in line at the main gates. Our hotel also offered free parking outside the park!

7) Enjoy your stay, it's an awesome park cool)

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Try and spend as much time there as possible, because Europa Park is one of those places with so much stuff that you'll keep coming across stuff you hadn't seen before.

Ideally, I reckon its a two day park to get everything done, because there is that much, but i've done it in a day twice, and not really missed anything crucial. It does get busy, but even when the queues are big, they tend to move pretty quick (apart from one incident I had with the Poseidon queue, where it was over an hour!).

There's loads of nice restaurants and food places dotted about, we ate at a place next to the rapids which did good food, albeit not that cheap though.

If you're staying there or nearby overnight, check out the bar & entertainment in Hotel Colosseo too. You can wander in even if you're not staying there, get a drink, and go and sit on the colisseum steps and watch the fountains (and anything else they might have going on), its a fantastic hotel!

Ben

CF Legend
andrus said:
1) Silver Star has a very short front line queue, PICK IT! The attraction is rubbish in any other seat (no air time) but awesome in the front (you reach the top before the trims hit)!

Does it :S Is that why it was an extra thirty minutes when the rest of the queue was five minutes when I was there :S

andrus

Giga Poster
^The front row queue line was full when I was there and it only took ~10 min longer then the regular queue (ie 10 min in total since the rest of the ride was walk on :p)

Ollie

CF Legend
^When I went the queue for the front was about an extra half hour or so.
It's not worth waiting long for anyway. Might as well go on any seat as it's crap whatever. :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The front row queue for Silver Star was a good half hour longer than the normal queue when the kid & I went last year. Of course, that was during summer holidays. Blue Fire was the only line that took forever (1 & 1/2 to 2 hours).
Like Lucy, we also enjoyed the diamond mine walk through. It's quite unique in that you get to watch the Alpine Express coaster & log flume interact within the mine.
Another hidden gem is the Atlantis Adventure dark shooter, which is in the Greece section of the park.

marc

CF Legend
I loved the smell in that cave :)

When we went the park was not busy but it still took all day to get round it simply due to the size of the park. Most people seem to head for Silver Star 1st thing and I think we queued about an hour. Its probably different now due to Blue Fire.

Towards the end of the day the park seemed to really empty out and Silver Star was near enough walk on.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I loved the smell in that cave

I bought a bottle of the smell (well a room fragrance) in the shop when you come out of the walkthrough :D

Another hidden gem is the Atlantis Adventure dark shooter, which is in the Greece section of the park.

Ah yes, that's really good too :D

Ollie

CF Legend
Lucy said:
I loved the smell in that cave

I bought a bottle of the smell (well a room fragrance) in the shop when you come out of the walkthrough :D
What? I didn't know you could get that. I loved that smell. :(
Europa Park is somewhere I wouldn't mind going back to as we didn't get everything done. No rides really stood out there for me though. They all looked really nice but weren't anything special when you rode them.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
East Coast(er) General said:

ABENTEUR!!!!!!!!!

I have the turtle from that... It loves life...

I missed the mine walkthrough attraction though... I need to go back, but yes, the smell was bloody awesome...

The rides all fit into the 'fun' category of things... Apart from Silver Star which ends up in the 'OH FFS TRIMS!' category...

One thing I will say is that the queues can be rather decieving, particularly Supersplash and Poseidon... They just didn't seem to ever have an end to them...

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the advice everyone, some good tips in there. I guess we'll just have to wait and see on the Silver Star front row queue.