What's new

Europa Park Disability Restrictions

TarinMaria

Mega Poster
Anyone who knows me will know I adore Europa, but today I found myself incredibly disappointed with the park.
I was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, I struggle with queues because the disorder really affects my legs. I thought, with an upcoming trip there for Horror Nights, I'd check out what their disabled visitors can do.
Basically, disabled visitors can't do anything. They don't offer an access pass. Queue or don't go on.
I have pulled a quote directly from their disabled section on the website.
'If you are able to see warning signs and ways visually and are able to go down paths or down high stairs yourself, then you are welcome to go on the ride'
Most of the larger parks will make special arrangements for disabled visitors, such as a pass to use the exit, and ramps. I'm disappointed that, in this day and age, disabled visitors aren't being catered for in a park that prides itself on guest satisfaction.
Sorry about the rant, and it might seem like I'm overreacting to most of you, but a 45 minute queue for me is incredibly painful and tiring and I'm a bit shocked that they aren't helping people more.
I'll also include a link to the section so that people can make their own minds up - http://www.europapark.de/en/services-in ... uropa-park

Also, feel free to move this to the correct part of the forum :)

davidm

Strata Poster
Re: Europa Park Disability Restrictions

That shocked me to be honest, I just googled a bit and I see why you say that though. :(

I'd get in touch with the park directly just to see if there are some un-publicised procedures.... I did find this quote on TT (here) related to kids who can't Q for long;

Update: I got a reply from Europa Park this morning, this might be useful for others:

thank you for your e-mail. Please show your son’s autistic pass at the exit of each ride and your child and one accompanying person can do the ride without queuing. Please note that some roller coasters require a certain minimum height and minimum age.

TarinMaria

Mega Poster

david morton said:
That shocked me to be honest, I just googled a bit and I see why you say that though. :(

I'd get in touch with the park directly just to see if there are some un-publicised procedures.... I did find this quote on TT (here) related to kids who can't Q for long;

Thank you so much for that, I'll drop them an email before I go, unfortunately all I have is a letter written by the neurologist, but most parks accept doctors notes as a form of proof...

Darren B

Giga Poster

TarinMaria said:
Anyone who knows me will know I adore Europa, but today I found myself incredibly disappointed with the park.
I was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, I struggle with queues because the disorder really affects my legs. I thought, with an upcoming trip there for Horror Nights, I'd check out what their disabled visitors can do.
Basically, disabled visitors can't do anything. They don't offer an access pass. Queue or don't go on.
I have pulled a quote directly from their disabled section on the website.
'If you are able to see warning signs and ways visually and are able to go down paths or down high stairs yourself, then you are welcome to go on the ride'
Most of the larger parks will make special arrangements for disabled visitors, such as a pass to use the exit, and ramps. I'm disappointed that, in this day and age, disabled visitors aren't being catered for in a park that prides itself on guest satisfaction.
Sorry about the rant, and it might seem like I'm overreacting to most of you, but a 45 minute queue for me is incredibly painful and tiring and I'm a bit shocked that they aren't helping people more.
I'll also include a link to the section so that people can make their own minds up - http://www.europapark.de/en/services-in ... uropa-park

Also, feel free to move this to the correct part of the forum :)

Edit - Crude and unnecessary remark removed. - ECG

zazobo

Hyper Poster

I would suggest getting in touch with the park. I qualify for ride access parks in the UK and in places like Portaventura with a doctors letter. I'm not disabled but I struggle with queues due to a health problem. Europa usually require a disability card (they issue these in Germany to disabled people). While I did have some problems getting a pass sorted, they did eventually sort one out.

They don't have the same system many other parks use, you get given a pass per ride, so one for silver star, one for blue fire etc.. I'm sure given your disability they would help, but don't be put off by the fact they're a little stricter/funny about it. It'd be such a shame to miss out.

Hope you get on okay :)