What's new

EPCOT 12/2/13 - Neil Patrick Harris Inside!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I took a half day at work on Monday and jetted to meet the in-laws at the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow! As AC/DC once said, "Whose got big balls?"

The only point of the trip was to see Neil Patrick Harris (NPH henceforth), and stuff our faces at the Coral Reef, part of the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. Obviously, lots of Christmas decorations in the park. Enjoy some pics with random families photo bombing.

The package was $53 per person and included app, entree, and desert at the restaurant of your choosing (space available). We had booked blindly assuming NPH would be here on these days, and were able to get a table for 6 and a baby at the Coral Reef. My wife and I had been trying to eat here for 5 years, but could never get a table with a Cast Member discount.

These restaurants are always ironic as the menu is heavily seafood themed, and you munch on shrimp, lobster soup, and Mahi-Mahi as fishies swim by.

The food was pretty good, no pics as I was too busy stuffing my face to get a shot. I will say if you get desert go for the Jack and Bailies Mousse. I took bites that tasted more like a shot of Jack then chocolate pudding, if you enjoy booze you will enjoy this.

Lunch actually took 2 hours, so by the time we finished we changed the baby it was time to get in line for seats. The dinner package line (guaranteed seats) started in America and ended in France, one looong straight line. The stand by line (haha) was a zig-zag that started in America and ended in Germany. Busy. Luckily we got great seats about 5 rows up right in the middle. Here are some pics.

Sing language lady.

So basically this event is an orchestra, a choir, and a celeb who reads a few lines from the bible about the birth of Christ. The reading is short, 20-30 seconds, then they sing a carol. They played all the hits. I dont think I mentioned this, but NPH was the celeb for the night.

You can really tell NPH loves doing this. He was singing along and jamming with the music the whole time. The whole "show" lasted about 45 minutes and was very entertaining. I am not sure I would ever deal with the headache of the lines, or spend the money to get the package again, but I recommend it if you haven't been.

peep

CF Legend
I kept reading about these events but never really looked into what it actually was so thanks for clearing up that small mystery for me. Now I know why people get excited when certain celebs are announced. :p

I also had no idea that restaurant existed but tbh there are so many restaurants in that park it's very easy not to know about some of them lol. Glad to hear you enjoyed the event.