What's new

Energylandia | Choco Chip Creek | Vekoma Minetrain | 2024

mblack1994

Roller Poster
Yes, last week and it's very similar to what I saw exactly a year ago. Pathways and lighting all seems finished but still work on the theming of Choco Chip Creek, and that entire building at the side, though that was meant to be phase 2 after the land opened. I now don't see this opening until 2024! Mad that the coaster test video was released December 21! Pics I took below.
View attachment 25987View attachment 25989View attachment 25990
Energylandia have went from the fastest ever to get rides open to the slowest, if you had of asked me a couple of years ago I thought they would have had at least the tilt coaster open by now.

Mattgwise

Roller Poster
I suspect the EU funding has finished and park reliant on their profits now (though could be wrong) and I would imagine profit probably isn't huge what with the huge operating costs and staffing. Ultimately I do wonder if they are having money issues. Hope not!

Christian

Hyper Poster
I suspect the EU funding has finished and park reliant on their profits now (though could be wrong) and I would imagine profit probably isn't huge what with the huge operating costs and staffing. Ultimately I do wonder if they are having money issues. Hope not!

Energylandia might have money issues but I doubt that's what holding Sweet Valley from opening. The area is more or less finished, the coaster has been operational for almost 2 years and keeping it closed massively affects the layout of the park and the flow of guests. Regarding staffing, if that was an issue they could close down some of the older less popular rides to staff Sweet Valley. I'm sure no one would complain if the wild mouse closed and that staff could instead run the mine train.

Trax

Hyper Poster
They earn a decent amount of money, and have made profits for the years around Covid. Not sure around Covid though.
I have to dig a little bit to find their statements, but they are public. As they are in polish, it makes since even harder to find, but they do exist.

The profits I recall were around 15-20 million € per year which felt quite healthy.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yes, last week and it's very similar to what I saw exactly a year ago. Pathways and lighting all seems finished but still work on the theming of Choco Chip Creek, and that entire building at the side, though that was meant to be phase 2 after the land opened. I now don't see this opening until 2024! Mad that the coaster test video was released December 21! Pics I took below.
View attachment 25987View attachment 25989View attachment 25990
They've come a LONG way with that since last October, but you can see in the image it's nowhere near finished. The big building by the road is still a construction site, and the giant dragon poos are not covered yet. I'm confused, because @FOMO Coaster said that they were finished. 🤷‍♂️

Christian

Hyper Poster
They've come a LONG way with that since last October, but you can see in the image it's nowhere near finished. The big building by the road is still a construction site, and the giant dragon poos are not covered yet. I'm confused, because @FOMO Coaster said that they were finished. 🤷‍♂️

That building construction site is not visible for guests in the area and can easily be worked on while the area is open. The dragon poos seem to be left similarly to how Aqualantis theming was during the first year. No work seems to be going on with it. From first hand experience the area looks very finished when actually looking at it from the gates.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That building construction site is not visible for guests in the area and can easily be worked on while the area is open. The dragon poos seem to be left similarly to how Aqualantis theming was during the first year. No work seems to be going on with it. From first hand experience the area looks very finished when actually looking at it from the gates.
The dragon poos are being worked on in that picture, if you look near the bottom, there is one that has been covered but not painted yet.

They've said 2024 now anyway, so I'm guessing that building will be finished, or close to being finished before they open the area.

FOMO Coaster

Mega Poster
The opening of the new Sweet Valley zone at EnergyLandia is coming up on... :)