What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

peep

CF Legend
Re: Efteling to get B&M Dive Coaster for 2015!

The area for this attraction has just been closed off with fencing, the park announced via social networking sites that construction will begin this fall and open next Summer (read as 2016, because Efteling).

1512520_794499183905065_3597443519256510857_n.jpg

via Google translate said:
The preparatory work for the construction of Dive Coaster now beginning to Efteling!. The construction of the attraction itself starts in the fall and will be open during the summer 2015. You rejoice? We too!

Darren B

Giga Poster

joshuadrooney said:
I hope they go bankrupt and this ride cannot be built.

Well as construction has now started that would mean that the ride has already been paid for, or at least a major chunk of it.

Your dreams of bankruptcy are just that, a dream. This coaster is getting built whether you like it or not.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Darren B said:
joshuadrooney said:

Well as construction has now started that would mean that the ride has already been paid for, or at least a major chunk of it.

Your dreams of bankruptcy are just that, a dream. This coaster is getting built whether you like it or not.

Things can still go wrong :mrgreen:

Darren B

Giga Poster

joshuadrooney said:
Darren B said:
joshuadrooney said:

Things can still go wrong :mrgreen:

You're talking about an act of god then. That's the only realistic way this coaster isn't getting built; and that's still pretty unrealistic.

Maybe you should just keep an open mind and hope that it surprises you.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

furie said:

So anyone who has an opposite opinion is a troll?

You're gonna love me. Especially when you learn I'm not a troll, I really am this **** in real life :)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

So we get to meet you at Oakwood then? Can't wait. No sarcasm intended - everyone's welcome on CF

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
So we get to meet you at Oakwood then? Can't wait. No sarcasm intended - everyone's welcome on CF

Hell no. Wouldn't want to be near any of you.

Let's not go off topic, it is against the rules.

EthC

Mega Poster

On the actual topic in hand, when do you think we will see some sort of layout surface or announcement for the ride because it usually seems around this time that parks around the world, so is there a possibility that we will see the announcement soon or do you think they will keep things quiet until the last minute as such? When was Joris announced because maybe they will announce all details for this around the same time we did for joris.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ HI CHARLES! Was wondering when you would appear again!

So have we fpund anything related to the actual layout yet, or is it still a pretty well unknown?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

jj23w

Hyper Poster

I thought the layout was posted on twitter a couple of months ago if that helps. Please guys ignore the troll, side note why has he not been banned.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Thats what I thought, but it was then stated that it wasnt the actual layout, just some kind of place-holder thingymabob.

Also, Charles is just a charles.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I'm from the US so it's unlikely I'll ever ride it but I can't wait to see how it's themed. Not sure how confirmed the mine theme is but knowing Eftling it should be executed well. Maybe it's a sort of ghost mine and the dark blue track is for it along with black supports. Can't wait for an announcement, though! The thought of a giant blue B&M dominating Eftling is one I like. Like, a lot. :)

peep

CF Legend

2012Jarrett said:
The thought of a giant blue B&M dominating Eftling is one I like. Like, a lot. :)

:shock:

That's the last time I look/post in this topic.

jj23w

Hyper Poster

I would rather a dark colour does that help peep.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Lol I think you just terrified Peep. Part of the reason Efteling goons (myself included) love the park is because everything is well hidden and fits so well into its area. The fact that you just sort of stumble onto rides helps with the magic of the place. Even Cobra is well screened by trees.

As much as I love the idea of a B&M it should in no way be dominating or ill-fitting. Personally, I hope it's mostly enclosed. Maybe with the top of the drop exposed, surrounded by authentic-looking mining winch gear. That's just my 2 pence.

robbeal

Hyper Poster

I'm sure they could whack one of these in there in a fairly hidden way. I agree that something massive hanging over the park would probably ruin its atmosphere a bit too. I remember Efteling from when I went in 2006, and I loved the place. The place, that is, the rides were dire. I know its improved since then, Pegasus has gone and Joris has arrived, but a B&M would certainly make a trip back there much more desirable to me.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

So they started making space. Here are some pics. Seems like the ride will be pretty close to both Joris and De Vliegende Hollander. When looking at the map, there seems to be very little space there, so I'm curious how they'll fit it in. Source: De Vijf zintuigen.

134948_real.jpg

134949_real.jpg

134950_real.jpg

134951_real.jpg

134952_real.jpg

134953_real.jpg

134954_real.jpg

134955_real.jpg

134956_real.jpg

134957_real.jpg

134958_real.jpg

134959_real.jpg