What's new

Easy European Parks to Get To

wolfwynd

Roller Poster
Does anyone have any recommendations of easy parks to get to in Europe (from the UK) that'd only require an overnight stay?

witchfinder

Giga Poster
I haven't been to any of them yet but I'd say probably most of the Belgian parks, as it's only a short flight from the UK and several are pretty close to Brussels. Also Tayto Park in Ireland.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Worth taking a look in this thread, as Smithy was asking a very similar question recently. Hopefully some of the responses in here will help:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39746

Lofty

CF Legend
PortAventura, Walibi Holland, Disney just to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Ben

CF Legend
I think it's probably easier to ask which European parks are hard to get to, because I can't think of any that are more than about an hour away from an airport Ryanair fly to!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
PA is easy to get to but you may struggle to find flights in and out of Reus for an overnight trip. It's seems there aren't many flights to and from London throughout the week. You could fly into Barcelona and get a coach/train but it adds a fair bit of travel time.

Europa is a sodding mission on public transport so not there...!

andrus

Giga Poster
zazobo said:
PA is easy to get to but you may struggle to find flights in and out of Reus for an overnight trip. It's seems there aren't many flights to and from London throughout the week. You could fly into Barcelona and get a coach/train but it adds a fair bit of travel time.
Port Aventura is only an hour away from Barcelona, with it's own train station. Super easy to get to! Plenty of flights to and from Barcelona, thousands of hotels to chose from and an amazing city to explore in the evening after your theme park visit :)

zazobo

Hyper Poster
andrus said:
zazobo said:
Port Aventura is only an hour away from Barcelona, with it's own train station. Super easy to get to! Plenty of flights to and from Barcelona, thousands of hotels to chose from and an amazing city to explore in the evening after your theme park visit :)

Yeah- it really is the nuts. I'm going in three or so weeks time for a long weekend. You'd probably want two nights at PA though rather than just an overnight stay. Also, a little tip, if flying into Barcelona (and you're not interested in seeing the City) you're better off getting a coach direct from the airport to PA (about 2 hours and 14 euros) rather than a train/bus from the airport to the city (30mins) and then catching the train to PA (nearly 1.5 hours) plus the waiting time between connections. It's also worth noting that the trains from Barcelona to PA don't run frequently, maybe only 5 or so a day and at funny times, so deffo check that out before you plan as you could find yourself waiting well over an hour for a train.

God damn it I'm excited.

Smithy

Strata Poster
You could get PA done in a single day if you paid for the fast pass and, in all honesty, it's absolutely worth it. But it is a beautiful park and it'd be a shame to rush round it.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Smithy said:
You could get PA done in a single day if you paid for the fast pass and, in all honesty, it's absolutely worth it. But it is a beautiful park and it'd be a shame to rush round it.

Totally agree, first time I went it was squished into a half day trip from Barcelona (I don't queue due to a health problem and managed to get everything done) but even so, it was really rushed as there's so much to do/see/enjoy. If you can manage even a day and a half it's SO worth it.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Plopsaland is only 1/2 hour drive from Calais so people in the South of England can visit the park for a day..

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
All the Scandinavian capitals have a park inside/nearby:
Helsinki - Linnanmäki
Stockholm - Gröna Lund
Gothenburg - Liseberg (yeah it's not a capital, I know)
Copenhagen - Tivoli Gardens (and Bakken nearby)
Oslo - Tusenfryd

If you haven't visited any of these, I could recommend my favourite Liseberg! The bus from the airport (Flygbussarna) drives by a very scenic view of Liseberg, which totally caught me by surprise and my mouth just dropped when I saw Helix :D