What's new

Dueling Woodie for Efteling in 2010

Rach

Giga Poster
Found this while browsing TPR and Towers Times.

Recently, Efteling have closed Pegasus. A replacement coaster called Joris en de Draak (George and the Dragon) is set to go on the site.

Height: 25M
Length: 1400M(together or a track is yet unknown)
Number of trains: 4
Capacity: 1700 P/PH
Max Speed: 75 KM/PH
Min length: 1.10M

joris_en_de_draak_visual.jpg

There's no definite source, but it has came from TPR

Lofty

CF Legend
If this is true or not is still to be known but I have to admit, it does sound quiet incredible if it is! But if they go and buy them silly ****ing trains that Stampida has now they ought to be sentanced to death, or ride it themselves, either will work lol!

Sounds like an interesting concept, but I'd have to see more of the ride layout to form a proper opinion. If they use that dragon in the theming though, that would be awesome!

Emmett

Giga Poster
Efteling already has some decent theming so if this dueling woodie goes ahead and then can have the tracks travelling through the forest areas in the park it should turn out pretty interesting. I like the idea of the George and the Dragon theme.

Dave

CF Legend
The Kumbak trains are fine. I don't see why everyone complains about them. Yes they can be a bit painful on the ribs, but any wooden coaster does that.

Lofty

CF Legend
Dave, the old Stampida trains never used to hur your ribs at all, sides maybe, not ribs!

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
this ride will be fantastic if it is going to be built. The idea is fantastic and I love the dragon in the concept art.Really cool. The trains shouldn't be like stampidas because they hurt you alot!

A

Anonymous

Pegasus is going down!!

38198_real.jpg

From and more at: http://www.vijfzintuigen.nl/Forum/index ... #msg250218

According to some rumors I have heard, then the reason why they remove Pegasus is because they accidentally raised the water level too much when they were testing Vliegende Hollander, so that the water damaged the wood on the lower support structure, which meant that they either had to rebuild much of the coaster or get a new one.

And I guess we know what they decided to do...