What's new

Duck ride accident

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
For teacups, a ridestop is going to activate the brakes and/or clutch to stop the ride quickly. An e-stop will cut power to the ride, which means no brakes / no clutch, so the ride can take longer to stop that way.

My initial reaction would be to hit the e-stop, which I think happened here. The ridestop might actually be the better choice.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
rollermonkey said:
For teacups, a ridestop is going to activate the brakes and/or clutch to stop the ride quickly. An e-stop will cut power to the ride, which means no brakes / no clutch, so the ride can take longer to stop that way.

My initial reaction would be to hit the e-stop, which I think happened here. The ridestop might actually be the better choice.

I don't think so. I have operated a similar tea cups ride and when you hit the E-stop, the brakes that stop the cups are engaged immediately.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
oriolat2 said:
rollermonkey said:

I don't think so. I have operated a similar tea cups ride and when you hit the E-stop, the brakes that stop the cups are engaged immediately.

Hmm... Both our minicups (Zamperla) and our big cups (I don't remember who made Chubasco), the e-stop cut power and took longer to stop than a regular ridestop...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved. Yet again, another terrible year for theme park tragedies...

;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Regarding e-stops, it could act like Sea Dragons (Mack Boat thing) which actually took the same amount of time to stop when the e-stop was pressed as it did normally... Same for when it lost power...

A

Anonymous

^^ :lol:

^ I don't know how they E-stop this kind of ride, since it's probably some Italian crap then they might only cut the power it all depends on how the braking works, it might be as on a coaster where they need power to stay open, which will make them clamp as soon as power/air is gone...