What's new

Drayton Manor | Unknown | Intamin Unknown | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
A spinning coaster? Interesting!

I’m guessing that might be where the variation in ride experience that Victoria Lynn hinted towards is coming from; you could have both chosen and unchosen (by the guest) forms of variability come from spinning trains.

Depending on how the spinning works and how much the park are emphasising theming with this, spinning trains could also lend themselves to some interesting storytelling opportunities!

Graeme

Roller Poster
I’m guessing that might be where the variation in ride experience that Victoria Lynn hinted towards is coming from; you could have both chosen and unchosen (by the guest) forms of variability come from spinning trains.

Indeed. It reminds me of Cobra's Curse at Busch Gardens Tampa. I'm not sure how these Intamin ones work but there could potentially be three modes:

• Locked (forward)
  • Spinning
  • Locked (backward)

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Those yellow sections on the supports are interesting.. Is Intamin going the Gerstlauer way and set the supports themselves in concrete instead of bolting them to a footer? Those pieces also don't have any mounting for other sections or a footer.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Those yellow sections on the supports are interesting.. Is Intamin going the Gerstlauer way and set the supports themselves in concrete instead of bolting them to a footer? Those pieces also don't have any mounting for other sections or a footer.

If you look through the thread on Uncharted @ PortAventura; you will see this was done this way.

Niles

Giga Poster
More hardware has been delivered including loads more coaster track without a spine and some more "serious" track 😄. Track for the launch has also arrived, featuring large holes where the drive tyres will be installed.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

On the construction site, groundwork looks to be nearing completion, with large footers now present towards the conference centre side of the area. The toilet block in the middle of the site has seen its new wooden cladding painted bright red.
5.jpg
6.1.jpg
6.jpg

Its definitely Western themed, the building facades opposite the coaster site are undergoing a wild west makeover with some nice bits of theming.
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

See source for loads more great pictures here

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
That theming looks really nice; I definitely have high hopes for the theming of the coaster with that in mind!

It does seem like they’re a bit late going vertical with the coaster, though. Perhaps this means that an opening later in the summer is on the cards?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Main NI Immelmann/dive loop structure is done. Photo by @DG95.

image.png

Next up will likely be the A-frame that supports the crest of the Immelmann (next week).
Unless Drayton is pulling a bit of a blinder here, I fear you've got the wrong thread.
Copied @CrashCoaster's post over to the Thorpe thread, but leaving it here cos this exchange made me smile after a long week. :D