What's new

Drayton Manor 29/7/10 TR

bladeboy

Roller Poster
Went to Drayton Manor Park with a friend last thursday whilst on a two day trip to Birmingham. It was my first visit since about five years however not that much had changed. We got to the park by 9:20, got in by half past and managed to eat breakfast and go round the zoo by 10:30 by which point we headed over to G Force to start the day.

Ride Count

Shockwave x2
Splash Canyon x1
Black Revolver x2
G-Force x2
Maelstrom x2
Pirate's Adventure x1
Happy Feet 4D x1
Sobrero x1
Flying Dutchman x1
Pandemonium x1
Wild West Shoot Out x2
Drunken Barrels x1
Apocalypse x 4 (1x Sit down, 2x stand up, 1x stand up floorless)

Total: 21

Good Points

- Fairly quiet day so got a lot done with little queue.
- Apocalypse stand up was walk on all day.
- Shockwave was still very enjoyable.
- Pirate's Adventure was actually a very good ride that compares quite well with Pirates of the Carribean.
- I really enjoyed G Force - even though the dispatching wasn't very good I though it gave a very unique ride and wasn't as uncomfortable as I expected.
- Wild West Shootout was a nice surprise - it was quite nicely themed and the length was just right. I feel Duel is too long and I have RSI by the end of it! I actually managed to win both time on this - normally with Duel I'm winning till about half way through but then I lose cause my fingers knackered!

Bad Points

- Stormforce 10 closed all day.
- Only one train running on Shockwave and G Force (Does G Force have 2 trains?)
- Drunken Barrels was a bit dissapointing.
-Happy Feet 4D was quite good but I didn't think the effect really matched what was happening on screen.

Overall

I really enjoyed my day and think that Drayton Manor is a very good theme park. But it does have some way to go. There's still quite a few fun fair esque rides that stick out like a sore thumb including Black Revolver and Sombrero. I think it's a shame that the park hasn't themed it's big roller coasters as well as some smaller rides like Drunken Barrels. Especially G Force - the theme is just non existent. But overall the park is on the right track and does stand up well in comparison with other theme parks. I will definatley visit again within the next few years.