• The Flume - Alton Towers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirate Falls - Legoland Windsor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
Excuse the crap title.
Basically what's the best log flume out of all the Merlin parks in the UK?

Loggers Leap - Thorpe Park
Dragon Falls - Chessington
The Flume - Alton Towers
Pirate Falls - Legoland Windsor

I know Pirate Falls is now Pirate Falls: Dynamite Drench. I haven't been on it and I don't know what they've done to it to improve it. There doesn't seem to be any videos of it online either.

andrus

Giga Poster
Have only been to Alton's and Thorpe's and can't say that I'm very impressed by none of them. In fact they both belong to the "worst" (or "least good" might be a better definition since I still enjoy riding them) of the ones I've ridden..

I think Alton win though because of the funny theming!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
If Falls had the rockwork still it would easily be the best...

But... It doesn't... It's hard to say which one is the best because they're all pretty dire tbh...

Pirate Falls has the best theming but has one drop...

Loggers has the best final drop but the cave is a missed opportuinity for theming...

Flume has a nasty theme but probably has the best layout if very rough...

So erm yeah... The UK has average flumes... None stand-out though if you've been to IOA...

Ollie

CF Legend
Just going to write a short bit about each one.

Loggers Leap - Really Short and not much to look at. Last drop is great though and I get some good airtime on it.

Dragon Falls - Used to be great. Although now half the themeing has gone and the boat seems to scrape along the bottom of the trough.

The Flume - Used to be pretty cool. Although there's loads of pointless floating around. Especially that long section at the back. Takes forever to go round doing nothing and with only trees to look at. The tunnel section is cool though and the duck is scary when it's working.

Pirate Falls - Quite slow moving and again lots of boring floating around until the one drop at the end which isn't that great. Some nice water effects when they work though such as the mice and the pump thing in the lake.

Overall it's quite a hard choice. They can all be improved and all have little bits that stand out. But I may have to say Altons Flume as it has three drops, a tunnel section and a scary giant rubber duck.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I've not ridden Pirate Falls,so can't really comment on it.

I used to love Dragon Falls,but I've ridden it so much,over so many years,I think I've grown bored with it,plus it really hasn't aged all that well.

Loggers Leap is the complete opposite,I never bothered with it for ages,but over the last few years,I've really enjoyed riding it.The drop inside the tunnel still takes me by surprise,and the feeling of being thrown out the seat on the double drop is always good for a laugh.

The Flume for me is too long.One thing I'm not keen on,is a long log flume.I can remember the flume at Port Aventura seemed to go on forever,as does Altons,and there's only so much floating around in a hollowed out log you can take,before boredom sets in.

So for me,it's Loggers Leap.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
To be honest they all feel a bit like "same sh!te, different park".

They are all good fun, but I think I enjoy Loggers the best.

Ollie

CF Legend
Can someone who's been on Pirate Falls: Dynamite Drench tell us what they've changed?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I went to Legoland the other night. We didn't ride it, but from snooping around I could see no changes... other than a new sign and TVs in the queue line. However, much of the ride is out of sight and there could be some new stuff around there.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Can someone who's been on Pirate Falls: Dynamite Drench tell us what they've changed?

They've added some explosion effects and noises, etc in the building atop the lift hill - unfortunately, after 2 rides, they seem to be timed after you've started to drop which is annoying :(

ryan462

Hyper Poster
hmm none are that great....

1.Loggers Leap
2.Pirate Falls
3.Dragon Falls
4.The Flume

The double drop wins it

A

Anonymous

Loggers leap for sure.
The double drop is awesome. It's genuinely scary, the way it has some great airtime despite the total lack of restraints makes me :shock:

Tony

Hyper Poster
Only been on The Flume and Loggers Leap. Loggers Leap probably just wins out because of the double-drop but the dark tunnel on the Flume is pretty cool.