Slow Acent?, for Better or Worse

• Better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Titan

Mega Poster
What do you mean by slow acent? A slower launch or a slower lift up before they pressurize the tanks? If your thinking the 2nd then I disagree, they hold you down at the bottom too long on that ride, and to operate it even slower would getting even more boring.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
If you mean slow ascent to the top and then a drop, definitely. Dr.Dooms was the crappest of the thrill rides in IOA. Total waste of two towers which could easily be two excellent shot n' drops or just generic turbo drops.

andyc123

Roller Poster
OMG! i went florida last month and dr. doom's is wicked! i prefer launched lifts to freefalls anyday!!!

A

Anonymous

I didn't like Dr. Doom's Fear Fall either. It's a bit of a thrill going up but coming down is, well......Relaxing.

It would have been a lot better if they were traditional Turbo Drop/Space Shot rides.

joe

Mega Poster
On this I preferd the Turbo Drop, the launched lift was crap, and I didnt enjoy it as much as other Space Shot rides.

A

Anonymous

I think it'd be better to be held at the top as far as experience.

I think capacity-wise, it'd never work.

They could shoot up, hold, drop, and it would be quicker than a slow ascension.

Homer

Hyper Poster
I rode Dr. Snooze awhile back recently, only one tower (left, space shot) was open. This was my first S&S Tower and I waited an hour in line to ride it.

The launch was fun, but after that, the slow and gentle hops were just boring. A slow acent is worse if you ask me...

Although, I did like the view of IOA from the top :D , other than that, it sucked.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, well for one, what the difference between the two towers? and two, are they anything like detonator at tp?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, granted, the first 2 seconds of the ride are fun, but after that, its more of just a good way to get a good view of IoA than an actual thrill ride.

Sure, having one tower be set to Turbo Drop would be kool and add some variety, but unless IoA gets on their capacity problems, and slow loading and unloading, I think it would be smarter to just keep it at a double launch.

A

Anonymous

Okay guys, "ASCENT!" Thank you.

I hate how the launch counts down. Where's the surprise in that?! That's the only thing that scares me about drop towers.