What's new

Double the fun.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I have always wondered why there are not more racing coasters in the UK. A ride like the Nash at Blackpool is often considered a cult classic, but simply wouldn't be half the ride it is without the racing aspect. This got me thinking though, that surely in these days of diminishing space within parks, surely an answer could be to add a second mirrored coaster to an existing coaster.

So the question is simple - which ride would you most like to see become a racing coaster...and why?

T0M

Hyper Poster
Possibly something to do with the fact that they're ultimately an insult to the term 'race'. If a ride could somehow be interactive where the riders have to do something to affect the speed then people might be more satisfied with a 'win', as opposed to falling lucky with a number of people of a certain weight etc.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Blimey what's with all the hate????!!!! :( :( :(
Not nice to come back to - life is too short people *looks at UC*

I thought some of your topics were v. interesting Slappy

I love the Gnash - it's my favourite coaster, and although I don't just think you can go around doubling up any old thing and it would have the same effect, I love the idea of more 'racing' coasters around.

andrus

Giga Poster
I don't get it either, why are people so damn negative all the time?! :(

Interesting topic though! But I wouldn't just mirror an existing ride, I would've designed a similar ride to actually duel with the old one. That would've made it so much more exiting!

To answere the question I probably would have choosed Rita. A racing coaster that duels sure couldn't go wrong? :p I think it would've worked really well to be honest. I can imagine one coaster going over a hill while the otherone passes under. Would've enhanced the concept a lot imo!