What's new

Dollywood | Firechaser Express | Gerstlauer Dual Launch

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Not quite the quality of a typical Dollywood ride, but it still looks amazing! I'd love to see one of these built in the UK. Chessington would definitely pull in the crowd with something like this!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I know I ask this every time there's a coaster I want to ride out of state, but how are the restraints on this? I know the ride is technically made for kids (those are the same trains used on their smaller family coasters if I'm correct) but they want families to ride it. How forgiving are these restraints? Because I don't want to play another game of "squeeze two grown men into a tiny Vekoma kiddie coaster car" like we did at Cedar Point. (IDK if anybody else on here remembers that) And are there belts or just lap bars?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Seats are partitioned with individual lap bars. Should be fine.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf4DeSMIYxU[/youtube]

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ah good stuff Jerry. Do you mount your own backward cams or are those things supplied on press / media days?

The reverse cam looks quite bumpy, is that the case?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
They allowed me to mount my own forward facing 3D POV camera (as you can tell by comparing my POV with the one the park supplied to TPR), but the reverse facing camera was the park's. I would have mounted mine better and at a different angle.