Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Personally slammer bores me to death. It just gives me a headache and painfull shoulders! But does anyone like it?

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I am going to go with NO. I agree with you Hulk...sore head and shoulders....I still go on it though! :D

Ben

CF Legend
I love Slammer.

It's one of my favourite flats of all time. It's such an awesome sensation being flung through the sky like that.

I think it's highly under-rated and one of Thorpe's best rides, really only beaten by Det.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^What he said.

The restraints can be a problem to figure out at first, but the shoulder restraints just need to be above your shoulder line. If they're pushing down, the ride will be uncomfortable.

joe

Mega Poster
Its okish. My last ride was really boring, and it bored me. All of my previous rides were great fun, and I thought it was awesome. I am not sure TBH.

spicy

Giga Poster
I do enjoy Slammer, Ive seen it get stuck too many times though.
I find myself hoping it doesn't get stuck when im on it and sometimes im pleased to leave the ride.

Kind off takes the enjoyment out of it :lol:

Louis!

Mega Poster
i love slammer. its one of thorpe's best rides in my opinion (although i never did get to ride rush last year!)

A

Anonymous

I absoultly love this ride, its very unique in its own way, but not many people can experiance it with its terrible downtime.
but definatly a 9/10

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I really like Slammer as well even though its had a lot of downtime - I reckon it's worth several re-rides and also nice that TP has got a unique flat ride.

Lucy

Scott88

Hyper Poster
No, I am not really a fan of Slammer although I ride it. It gives me a headache, its uncomfortable and its unreliable.

tks

Strata Poster
I don't like it for the fact that it kinda scared me. I have this fear of falling and I even hate jumping off walls. And at the top of the ride when you are looking right down at the ground really got to me. Plus the fact halfway round the ride I slipped out of the shoulder restraints really freaked me out.

Don't think i'll ever ride it again.

robertw

Roller Poster
I think it would be a great ride if it went a bit faster, maybe a lot faster. I don't find it uncomfortable, just far too slow. When I first heard of the concept, I imagined being flung around and getting a really out of control feeling, and pschyed myself up that it would be an awesome ride. The reality was just going very slowly round in a circle. I thought it was going to be twice the size as well- don't know where that came from :roll:. You feel no excess forces, no sense of speed, no feeling as if you're going to fly out. In short, none of the stuff that makes thrill rides good.

I'll ride it if there's no queue, but won't make any special effort to get on. It's definitely not one I miss during the closed season.

A

Anonymous

As a ride it's really good, but they should change the restraints cause I've never enjoyed Slammer cause of the uncomfortable soldier bars. And it also has reliability problems that have been in the press, so I always get really nervous getting on now cause I'm scared of it breakin down when the ride is upside down.

Angel

Hyper Poster
I dont love it, nor do I hate it. Its a unique ride experience. I do much prefer flying fowards to being dragged backwards but overall I have no complaints. Its not always comfortable but then again we cant expect all rides too be.

I voted yes.

Kaycee

Roller Poster
I don't like it. It's too slow and uncomfortable and I find it to be like an endurance test - too intense to be enjoyable. If it was a bit faster, maybe it'd be OK.

Don't really ride it unless we've done all the other rides.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I love Slammer. I think it is great. It is a great one and is very fun. The only thing I have against it is that on the first and last "rotation" are very slow and are quite painful as the blood rushes to your head, but it is still a very fun ride.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Slammer is a weird one for me. It's down time has brought it down massivly in my books of over-all rating, but as to whether i enjoy the ride or not, i'm nto really sure.

Most will agree that the sholder restraints are pretty bad. To be honest, i love the forward free fall, but going back feels uncumftable. It' rotatiosn feel too slow. I'm not a fan of hang-time. I don't like the length it takes to load, nor am i impressed by how long it takes to lower. I have so many bad experiances of burning in the sun on that thing.

So, no, i don't really enjoy it. It's an impressive looking ride, and it's capacity is great. But capacty serves as nothign with such rubbish loading. And as a ride experiance, it's only positive is the forward free fall - the unique experiance of up over, down under and over, as opose to the oposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.