Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they're a waste of ****ing time

• Never got one before

• Total voters

Ollie

CF Legend
Quite a simple question. Do you send on chain mail/letters?

Do you get superstitious or do you think it's a waste of time?
Do you send them on or do you just delete them?

For those of you who don't know what chainmail is or have never got one before (surprised if you haven't) then this describes what they are:

Wikipedia said:
A chain letter is a message that tries to cause the person who gets it to make copies of the letter and then pass them on to as many people as possible. A chain letter can be a type of meme. Common ways used in chain letters include stories that make the recipient feel sorry for the person, get-rich-quick pyramid schemes, and the use of superstition to threaten the recipient with bad luck, physical violence or death if he or she "breaks the chain" and does not follow the instructions given in the letter.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Never.

They're a waste of time. Same if it's a text message one. No ****ing point in them.

I don't care if I'm gonna die at 3am if I don't send on your stupid message.

Rush

Giga Poster
Either delete them.

Email the original sender to tell them to not send it to me.

Manipulate the chain mail and pass THAT on. :p (If I can be bothered.)

Emmett

Giga Poster
No I never pass them on. I get most of them at work through email and I just hit delete straight away. I couldn't be bothered passing them on to anyone. Same with any crappy texts too.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Ugh I hate chain mail it's f*cking pointless. I get them alot on MSN and they never come true saying like if you don't send this to so and so people someone will stab you in the night lol but guess what I'm still alive so it's obviously fake.

Peter

Hyper Poster
If I can be bothered I might read one, just for the laugh.

I've never passed them on to anyone else though.

tks

Strata Poster
I should've died 17 times and been haunted by 5 girls with cancer all called Amy by now if they were true..

Error

Strata Poster
tks said:
I should've died 17 times and been haunted by 5 girls with cancer all called Amy by now if they were true..

Exactly.

I used to only do the quizes, but those got boring fast. So, I just delete them or read some that seem interesting. Still, never send them.

jayjay

Giga Poster
No. If I wasn't lazy, I could write a huge long rant to anybody who sent me one.

I think if I get another one of the "Andy and John, directors of msn" emails, I'll just send them HERE

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Of course not.

Talking of chain letters, I have a confession to make.

When I was 8 years old, I wrote to Blue Peter saying that I had received a chain letter from them, with the intention of them trying to break some world record and I had to send it on. The only way I would be able to get over the distress would be for them to send me a Blue Peter badge and some signed photos of the presenters at the time.

Obviously this was all bollocks but they did send me a Blue Peter Badge and the photos! As a family, we used this badge to get free entry to some attractions, so in effect we stole off those attractions too.

It feels good to get that off my sexy, hairy chest.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No.

They're a monumental waste of time.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I can't get through a day at work with my chainmail! Never forwarded it on though?

chain-mail-t-shirt-3.jpg

Seriously, do a Google image search for chainmail! I mean, WTF?
chainmail-condoms.jpg

As for chain mail, I've only ever sent one on. That was years ago when I re-wrote one only made it about some goat in Lithuania being terrorised by local trolls, and used hideously by the locals as a cheese factory. I can't remember the exact details now. I don't think it went very far :lol:

Ian - do you feel better now you've admitted to your previous crime? Do you thnik they have a black BP badge for badge owners who go theirs through crime? A bit like a pirate Black Spot?

Ollie

CF Legend
What I don't get is that all these people are saying that they don't sent them on yet people still get loads from friends or colleagues.