What's new

Do you bother with the game stalls at parks?

Do you bother with the game stalls at parks?

• Yeah, every visit!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 times a season perhaps.

• > 3, but < 10 times a season.

• No, never!

• Total voters

Pierre

Strata Poster
I do occasionally! My brother mastered the milk cartons before he used to win every time we went!

I've never won a major prize on them though :p

peep

CF Legend
No, although sometimes I stand and watch to see people fail. I'd rather waste my money in the arcades.

A

Anonymous

I only ever tend to shoot the hoops, I find it realy easy. Plus I like to come home with a memory of the park.

It's mostly at PBB, I have a fascination with the giant blue sharks you can win :)

Jake

Strata Poster
No.

Plus, I hate being harrassed by pikeys or retards (only Ben will get this :p) to play on them. LEAVE ME ALONE!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Of course, because the next thing I want to do after paying inflated admission prices is spend more money!

herbinator

Mega Poster
When I go with friend we often get into a 'bet you can't get a prize in the ladder game' or 'betI can score more hoops then you!' so we end up with a challenge but I usually don't bother!

Novas

Mega Poster
If a game is genuinely novel and unique, i may give it a go, but I'll never part with a penny to throw a bloody ball through a hoop, at a dinner plate or into a lop-sided bucket.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well it depends. If it's something that happens to look EXTREMELY easy then maybe but usually I don't because they're rip-offs and have some type of gist to them so pretty much a no.

Ollie

CF Legend
Does anyone remember that revolving climbing wall that used to be by Rameses at Chessy?
You had to stay in between these two sensors while the wall was moving at different speeds and it started tilting backwards and stuff.
That was awesome, cheap and you got a prize every time.
Bring it back I say. :)

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
When the time comes,that I feel the need for a giant Sponge Bob Square Pants in my life,then I'll play for one.

Until then,I'll pass them happily by.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I was able to beg my parents into giving me money for them a few times when I was younger. Don't think I ever won anything. My little brother won a stuffed monkey at Busch Gardens once.

But since I turned about 12, I hadn't played any of the games until last summer when I played a 3-point basketball shooting game at Kings Dominion with one of my friends. I made enough shots to win a basketball covered in Virginia Tech logos... because I guess they were out of UVA ones or just straight didn't stock them in the first place. As VT is our main rival, I gave that ball to my less-talented friend, who didn't win anything :p

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Never, not only because it's a waste of money (in my opinion), but at parks I visit frequently it just doesn't seem exciting because I've seen so many people fail, but also because it's a waste of time, if I'm in a theme park I'm pretty sure there are much MUCH better things to be doing than spending extra money to do something less exciting.

A

Anonymous

If I see like a Shooting one or a water gun one I might have a go just for a laugh, but no, I never do waste my time on them.

Jodabomb24

Roller Poster
No, nay, never! They're a waste of time, for several reasons:
1. There are almost ALWAYS roller coasters/other impressive rides to be ridden and credits to be earned.
2. The games are almost always rigged so it's nigh on impossible to win.
3. If you DO win, what do you do with the prize? Especially if it's one of those giant stuffed things bigger than a small child.
4. They are quite often overpriced, especially after paying to get in and, more often than not, an inordinate amount of money for lunch.