What's new

Do parks have signature rides nowadays?

Emmett

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Loopen is, or has traditionally been, TusenFryd's signature ride. Because it has a loop. ThunderCoaster may have taken over since.

I would have guessed Speed Monster would have been the new signature ride, just due to its position in the park. Also being more visible compared to ThunderCoaster which is more hidden away. It seemed to be more popular when I visited and it was the first coaster people headed to when they got into the park.

marc

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Disney's signature coaster is definitely Big Thunder Mountain, as evidence of the queue.

You talking about Paris? I would say Space Mountain in Paris, when we were there the queue for Space Mountain was bigger.

Tbh I think at near enough all Disney Parks its Space Mountain that people talk about and want to go one. When people at work go to Disney in Orlando they always mention Space Mountain. In Orlando and California the queue was always longer for this.

Magic Kingdom = Space Mountain.
MGM = Tower of Terror
Animal Kingdom = Everest
Epcot = Mission Space
IoA = Hulk or maybe DD

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I'd say Alton do have a signature ride, and I'd say it was Oblivion, it's probably their most famous ride and seems to have the most merchandise. For a while they tried to make Rita their signature ride, but seems to have stoped now with people realising that it's mostly ****.

Disneyland I would say It's A Small World is the signature ride. It is the most famous ride in the world and just sums up Disney in a way.

BPB is obviously PMBO

Flamino Land I would split between Kumali and Velocity, but it seems they are trying to make MJ their signature ride.

Jake

Strata Poster
SFNE - S:RoS/Bizzaro

Darien Lake - RoS

Canadas Wonderland - Behemoth

Carowinds / Kings Dominion - Indimidator / Intimidator 305

Knoebels - Phoenix

Six Flags Magic Mountain - X2 (revolution or colossus for the old people perhaps)...

CMonster

Giga Poster
Magic Kingdom at DW's signature attraction has to be It's a Small World. It's signature landmark, however, is the castle. It's the same for the other Disney World parks. While they may have a signature ride, They have a landmark that is what defines the park, e.g. the golf ball, :p the tree of life, the hat.

BGA is probably Sheikra, you can see it from miles around and has the longest queues.

I'd say SFGAdv would probably be KK, at least for the GP. Tallest fastest ride in the world=win for them. (I know I haven't been there, but still.)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
For Walibi Belgium there are actually several rides that we can call signature rides. When you say Walibi Belgium in Belgium, the most called rides would be: Weerwolf, Vampire and Dalton Terror. Those rides are also used over all their promotionfolders. If Tornado would still be in the park, I'm sure that one could win the battle.

For Bobbejaanland, Typhoon almost made people forget Looping Star, but I think the signature ride for Bobbejaanland must be Indiana River or (R)Evolution!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Emmett said:
Pokemaniac said:
Loopen is, or has traditionally been, TusenFryd's signature ride. Because it has a loop. ThunderCoaster may have taken over since.
I would have guessed Speed Monster would have been the new signature ride, just due to its position in the park. Also being more visible compared to ThunderCoaster which is more hidden away. It seemed to be more popular when I visited and it was the first coaster people headed to when they got into the park.
Yes, but if you ask any Norwegian about "the rollercoasters at TusenFryd", they'll answer "Loopen, ThunderCoaster and that new blue one". Loopen was the only coaster in Norway for years, and ThunderCoaster was the first large coaster in the country. It was also heavily marketed, and generally regarded as awesome. The fact that it was the biggest woodie in Europe also helped. TusenFryd was nothing before TC. When it came, everybody knew about it in no time. SpeedMonster is still too "new" for people to have an opinion on it.