What's new

Dive Machines

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Dive machines, because of the wide trains, cant do that much in the way of elements becasue the trains would stress too much due to the rotational forces on the ends. The forces would also be too high on the riders on these seats. Things like zero-g rolls won't be possible, no tight and snapy inversion would be, unless the trains were smaller.
I am not 100% sure I am correct in this, but originally, Oblivion was meant to have 6 across, but that was made 8 for a better capacity, so I can see a smaller version of the dive machine doming out using 6 across. 6 across would also mean less stress on the ends of the train, and because it is shorter, it can go through tighter elements.
The two American ones are similar becasue they are both owned by the same company, and the Asian ones are similar to them because they have a thing for copying rides.
Dive machines are long from dead, but they do need some sort of inovation to make sure they stay that way.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
The whole holds you upside down part would hurt so much. I have been held upside down for a few seconds, and it hurts when you are in a restraint. BUT if they did it like on Mystery Mine you it would give you a similar sensation, without the pain.

A

Anonymous

Blaze said:
Things like zero-g rolls won't be possible, no tight and snapy inversion would be, unless the trains were smaller
You can do a drawn out zero-g roll much like the full-full (a rather excellent element by the way) found on Eejanaika (but heart-lined to fit the DM trains). The S&S Power 4D trains are about as wide as an 8 wide DM train.
I think there is quite a few inversions that are possible to make with a DM, but since B&M is very conservative with new ideas then it's possible that we won't see much more diversion then we have at the moment.