What's new

"Dive Coaster" - B&M Dive Machine for Happy Va

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
^I think the fact the turn before the lift isn't 13ft higher than Sheikra's we can automatically rule out it being a clone of Sheikra 'a bit higher up'.

Of course, it could still be stupidly similar to Sheikra if the lift was 213ft, and the rest of the ride was still the exact same as Sheikra. But, it wouldn't be a clone then.

A

Anonymous

Ben said:
^I think the fact the turn before the lift isn't 13ft higher than Sheikra's we can automatically rule out it being a clone of Sheikra 'a bit higher up'.

Of course, it could still be stupidly similar to Sheikra if the lift was 213ft, and the rest of the ride was still the exact same as Sheikra. But, it wouldn't be a clone then.
you might be right — actually, looking at it again, the turn out of the station is much closer to the ground than on Sheikra, as is the station itself! so, yeah, i'm completely full of ****…

i still say that what's been built so far looks eerily like Sheikra, though! and, it's not just the color scheme…

Mike T

Mega Poster
At least this one is actually a clone of SheiKra. I remember when TPR used to talk about how Chimelong's 196 ft dive coaster (stupidly advertised by the park as being 260) being a mirrored clone of SheiKra. Thats when you know people are retarded.

And Chauncey, regardless of how many times you're ridden SheiKra, you're not going to be able to noticed a height difference based on your memory and a few pictures posted by a few Asian enthusiasts. There's only a 9 foot difference between the two coasters, and as Ben said (omg I'm agreeing with the kid...*shocking*) technically the coasters wouldn't be exact clones, rather replicated design with minor changes based on the customer's preference. One thing that I wonder is if this coaster will feature a smaller immelmann (there's a noticable design change between Griffon's and SheiKras... where Griffon's is a good 15 feet smaller), and if this coaster will run with 8 or 10 seat trains.

Also if it runs with the 10, I'm interested in the design changes being made to accomodate the extra weight / wind resistance.

A

Anonymous

Mike T said:
And Chauncey, regardless of how many times you're ridden SheiKra, you're not going to be able to noticed a height difference based on your memory and a few pictures posted by a few Asian enthusiasts.
uh, that's not what i meant to say, although, rereading it, i can understand how it could sound that! what i meant was just that, having ridden Sheikra so often i know the entire coaster inside and out, this new coaster — so far — looked identical to me, without any real modifications (except for the pre-lift and station, which i hadn't even noticed at that point!) the height thing was meant to be a seperate thought/question/whatever…

but, really, this is the silliest debate we could ever possibly be having: B&M are so unimaginative that nearly all of their coasters are “near clones” of nearly all of their other coasters, anyways (within the same “type”, at least…)

Mike T

Mega Poster
Bravo pulling the unimaginative card on B&M and failing to factor in things like cost, space issue, feasability, and on top of all that - the fact that its ultimately the park's decision in regards to what the ride looks like, feels like, and executes during its duration.

Earlier in the thread we covered the issue regarding the Dive Machine's limited nature. I suggest you go back and re read those comments. :)

A

Anonymous

Mike T said:
Bravo pulling the unimaginative card on B&M and failing to factor in things like cost, space issue, feasability, and on top of all that - the fact that its ultimately the park's decision in regards to what the ride looks like, feels like, and executes during its duration.

Earlier in the thread we covered the issue regarding the Dive Machine's limited nature. I suggest you go back and re read those comments. :)
so, are you saying that there are only pretty much 2 layouts, maybe 3, that a Dive Machine can do, or a park could ever possibly want? somehow i just don't believe that…

yes, i've read the earlier posts, yes, i know how much dive machine's cost, yes, i know how much space they take up, and, yes, i know that they're “all about the drops”, but, yes, i honestly believe that even within those limitations there's probably a lot more that you could do with them that B&M hasn't, and, no, i don't mean a massive multi-looper, or anything…

sheesh! that's not even what i was trying to get at! again, probably poor wording on my part, and i'm sorry: it's just that i think it's kind of silly to debate whether it will be a “clone” or a “near clone” of Sheikra, because every Dive Machine since Sheikra has effectively been a “near clone” of Sheikra — and that's true even if it's not because B&M are unimaginative, or whatever…

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Dive machines can have other elements, they just haven't been done(yet). I can totally see a vertical drop into an immelmann into a dive loop, and the turn into the brakes wouldn't go much farther than the immelmann. It's all about how you plan the ride out. Parks just haven't been very imaginative, basically because the Chinese tend to copy off of other designs, and the three(probably four, counting this) recent dive machines are so similar. Yes, Griffon is the most different, but it still isn't very unique compared to SheiKra and Vertical Coaster.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
We have a pic:

p23116.jpg

From RCDB

Here is SheiKra, for comparison.

Nick

Mega Poster
^Looking good.

The reason B&M clone rides isn't because they're unoriginal, it's because it's a lot cheaper to build a clone ride than a new custom design. Cloning a ride takes out months of expensive design work, and reduces the risk of problems with the new layout / concept.

Happy valley know that the "sheikra" layout is successful and popular, let alone visually very impressive especially to the GP who wouldn't know that this is a clone (or close clone) anyway.

So overall, Happy Valley get a big, impressive coaster that will wow the public, the layout has already proven to be popular at another park AND they get all these benefits for cheaper as they don't need to pay designers as much money to come up with a new layout.

If they wanted a different layout for more monies, I'm sure B&M would happily build them one!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Is the lift color different than the rest of the ride? It looks like a gray or a bluish color from that angle.

A

Anonymous

UC said:
I'm pretty sure it's just the angle.

I agree, it's pretty much side on. If the picture was taken a bit more to the right i'm pretty sure you'd see a red lift hill.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow this park looks amazing. It is basically just a park full of clones, but the themeing more than makes up for it!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I know. I was on it with you! RCDB has this down as a clone of the Bakken coaster. Looking at those pictures, no wonder we were all so surprised by it.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah if its anything like Bakkens it should be very forceful at the bottom on the drop. The theming does look very impressive from the photos. I'm not a big fan of the mega-lite's colour scheme though.

Status
Not open for further replies.