What's new

Disneyland Paris What Will Happen?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
Could it even come to the point where they say enough is enough?
It already has, because the page you linked to doesn't exist. :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I liked Marc's link better. At least I could understand what I was reading when I clicked on that one. :p

peep

CF Legend
From what I could gather most rumours are pointing to the full ownership turning over to The Walt Disney Company. At this moment in time I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

There have been a lot of changes within the last few years and things are starting to look very positive. Still, this meeting could mean anything and only time will tell.

marc

CF Legend
Yeah I think it's heading to full disney ownership as well Peep.

I think it's a good thing as then money can be injected however the speed at which Disney work at the moment it could be years before changes are made.

Lol ECG how rude of them to move the link.

peep

CF Legend
Yep, €1 million refinancing which could mean by Tuesday the Walt Disney Company own 100% of Euro Disney S.C.A.

There's a video and a whole world of articles already but my phone doesn't like me linking things.

From what I've read so far via Google translate the debt will be reduced by 43% and something about 2024. Apparently they want the other major shareholder to join them in the major funds increase but an announcement is still pending.

What does this mean for the Resort? Probably a giant amount of money thrown at upgrading the parks to draw people back and bring everything up to scratch. Once again, time will tell.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I wonder if this news will hamper any of the current upgrade plans? (Space Mountain, Star Tours, BTM and Rock'n'Rollercoasrer etc)

peep

CF Legend
I doubt it, from what has been said from the people in the know the space mountain upgrade is literally all ready to go and will be implemented during one of the next refurbs.

I reckon the only thing this will change is additional fixes and attractions being added to the list of things to do.

marc

CF Legend
In order to get people back they need to lower the price they charge in the hotels.

We are going for 4 nights next week and to stay on site it would have cost over £1000, yet one train station away the ibis is £250. It's just too expensive.

They have been sorting the park out, was in much better condition than 2 years ago.

This will be what the 3rd time the debt has been cut just for it to build up again.

I'm hoping they sort the studio park out. Get rid of the theme and change it just like California adventure, it worked for that park.

I just hope they get a plan and stick to it.

For me though it goes back to the main big problem, the park was built in the wrong place and that's something they cannot fix.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I find its only expensive if you book a stay with travel included. To arrange my own transport, booking direct cost £400 for 2 of us staying for 4 nights/5 days in Sequoia Lodge.

However, 2 nights in the Alton Towers hotel, mid week early October was £262 not including park tickets!

peep

CF Legend
This argument has happened a lot in the past, can we leave that to one side before we go round in circles again?

marc

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
I find its only expensive if you book a stay with travel included. To arrange my own transport, booking direct cost £400 for 2 of us staying for 4 nights/5 days in Sequoia Lodge.

Just looked it up and for next week it's £966 for 2 for the nights we want and that includes tickets no travel and a 30% discount. But I don't want tickets and cannot book without tickets for that price. If I book without tickets it £1,166

I would never compare it to Alton which is a total rip off anyway.

I tend to look and go for £1500 I can have two weeks in Orlando or 5 days in California.

I know what Peep means but for me it's s big sticking point and if you want to increase numbers and hotel guests lower the prices or also do deals for adults not just a family of 4.

For me the rides are not the problem there is enough to do, it's the price and the fact that things shut at stupid times. Already covered the restaurant times enough now but it is stupid that so many close at meal times.

They just need to sort the small things out before even looking at new rides.

The Halloween event on right now looks great and I cannot wait to see it, heard nothing but good things. It's stuff like this they need to do more often.

The main park is stunning, and they are sorting out the paint work.

The studio park is a dump and as I said this is where they need to start again. Ok dump is a bit harsh it just needs a load of money to get a re theme.

peep

CF Legend
Of course it's going to be expensive if you look at booking a week beforehand and then compare it to a booking made ages ago. *Facepalm*

Like I said, these conversations have happened many times before and have gotten us nowhere. Just stop.

marc

CF Legend
Peep it was the same price two months ago I'm not that stupid I know it will be more expensive a week before I have traveled around and know how it works I'm not a stupid as people try and make me out to be. I was just looking to see how much it was compared to where we are staying which I could still book now for £250.

They did used to do last minute deals but don't seem to.

But yes let's back back to what will happen to the park and what they can do to improve it and get the numbers up.

marc

CF Legend
Got tbh I don't really understand it all.

It sounds like they are in so much debt they cannot carry on paying it and the only way to stop it closing is to not pay the debt until a later date where they hope they can turn it round and pay them?

Have I understood that right?

Sorry the rest of the report just loaded so will carry on reading.

Sounds like a good plan let's hope it works this time.