What's new

Disneyland Paris - Spending

sheepboy

Roller Poster
Hello,
I am going to Disneyland Paris at the beginning of February. I will only be there for one evening, the next day, and the next morning.

I’m staying at one of the Disney hotels and just wondered how much money you would recommend taking, for food, drinks and things like that. I heard a drink there is around 8 Euros but surely it’s not that expensive.

Thank you in advance.

Lofty

CF Legend
I know the parks can be VERY expensive in themselves for food/drink. If I was you, I'd at LEAST take around €50/€60 solely for the hotel. That way, you can have a much more comfortable time and enjoy it more, anything you have left can surely go on Merchandise?

Hope this, Kinda, helped?

marc

CF Legend
Drink and food is expensive there, we paid 5 Euro for a coke 2 years ago.

It all depends what type of food or drink you want, the cheapest place is McDonalds, the food in the parks is over priced and not that good tbh.

I would allow £10 for each meal, maybe £15. I know that sounds a lot but thats how much it is really :(

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
There is a little supermarket at the train station where you can some bits and bobs like drinks cheaper

spicy

Giga Poster
What Disney hotel are you staying in? The Disneyland Hotel drinks are rediculously priced, but the Sequioa Lodge wasn't as bad (4.30 euros a beer) which I thought wasn't too bad, although that was about 3yrs ago now they might have gone up since.

As for food in the park, you are talking about 10-15 euros for a burger and chips unfortunately.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Drinks are expensive in the Hotel bars, but they ain't that expensive in the park. A meal in the parks will set you back around 10Euros (9.90 to be exact). However, there is McD's in the Village and the meals there are about 6-7Euros.

Again, you could just have a McD's in the evening, would save you a lot of money. But if you want to treat yourself, allow around 30Euros for a 3 course meal in the likes of Annettes/Rainforest Cafe/Planet Hollywood.

sheepboy

Roller Poster
Thanks for your help guys. We are staying at the Sequoia Lodge so hopefully it will be better there than some of the others hotels.

I must admit I am quite surprised at their prices, I guess the exchange rate doesn’t help with that.

At least I roughly know how much to change into Euros now, I didn't want to be short or take excessive amounts of money with me.

Thanks again.

marc

CF Legend
See if you can add the dinning package or whatever it is called, depends if your going as a family.

Oh and have a great time btw, be sure to post a report here would be great to hear all about it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
However, there is McD's in the Village and the meals there are about 6-7Euros.

Not anymore.
I was there during the summer and on the last day McD's changed their prices to challenge the prices of the parks. Now everywhere is expensive.

sheepboy

Roller Poster
Hahahaha at least I know what to expect.

I will post a trip report when I get back, including the food prices lol.
I am really looking forward to it now.

:--D

peep

CF Legend
Just to let ya know (only just found this topic), bottles of fizzy drinks within the parks are 3 euros each.

A meal at one of the park fast food restaurants is, like everyone else has said, just under 10 euros.

Annettes Diner/Rainforest cafe/Planet Hollywood/Disney Village eateries will cost you about 20 euros for a main dish and drink, possibly a dessert too, depends on what ya go for.

The Sequoia Lodge hotel bar has drinks at various prices that range from about 3 euros to 10 euros for bigger cocktails etc.

You obviously get breakfast included with the hotel, it will be a buffett, make the most of it so you don't have to have a big meal at lunch, maybe just a snack and then have a proper meal in the evening.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Or upgrade to Halfboard and most of your money spending is taken care of. We did this last year for our 6 day stay and it was perfect. We found a meal to be around 30 euros each. For a good meal, there's nothing in Disneyland Paris that is under 30 euros. This includes places like Golden Nugget, Walts and the likes. You get vouchers to use and this includes all 3 courses and a drink. It may cost you 160 quid like it did us, but it was far cheaper in the long run. For 3 of us, the worked out to be 8.50 euros a day each. Far cheaper than 30 euros a day!

spicy

Giga Poster
^ I looked at that the last time I went and didn't go for it as it sounded like you get a seperate HB menu to choose from in the restaurants and not the actual menu..?

spicy

Giga Poster
^ Yeah I have a feeling that was the case in most of the restaurants which is why I decided against it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
We didn't bother with it as we went for the free days/nights deal. Worked out much cheaper.

They even do '2 days/nights' free this year, so our trip was the cheapest its been for a long while.....£924.

marc

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
We didn't bother with it as we went for the free days/nights deal. Worked out much cheaper.

They even do '2 days/nights' free this year, so our trip was the cheapest its been for a long while.....£924.

£924 you must be joking, how long was that for? You can go to California for less than that!