What's new

Disneyland Paris Questions, please help!

Ali

Mega Poster
I'm planning to go to Paris with my Mum and Sister for the last week of the summer holiday, Parc Asterix would be a definate and I would like to go to Disneyland Paris.

Is public transport to the two parks any good? Or is a car needed?

Is Disneyland do able with a one day park hopper? Would I be able to do all the coasters, watch a few shows? Or would I need a two day ticket?

Cheers in advance!

peep

CF Legend
Transport is excellent. RER, TGV and Eurostar all stop at it's own train station which is situated inbetween Disney Village and the two parks. I think it's actually possible to catch a TGV from Asterix straight to the Disney resort.

I think the parks will be too busy to be able to do everything in one day, possibly two days (if you want to watch shows, make sure you know in advance what times they are, timetables can be picked up on your way into the parks).

Any more questions or help with public transport just ask.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Disney is very easy by public transport.

It's on the RER A line (major stations from central Paris are Chatelet Les Halles and Gare de Lyon. The Disney station is called Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy, but announcements on the train should tell you, in English, that you're at Disney. Plus, you'll see signs. People on the station ticket counters speak English at the stations, too, so just tell them that you want to get to Disney and they'll point you in the right direction.

Don't let the French names worry you, it's very easy.

As for doing both parks in one day, during the summer holidays, I would say no. I did both parks easily in one day back in March, but it was fairly quiet. It depends what you want to do though. In my opinion the Studios only has 3 things worth bothering with: Tower of Terror, Crush's Coaster and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

You might be able to get them done quickly when the park opens, then head to the main park, but I wouldn't advise it on a busy day. Then again, I wouldn't advise spending a whole day in the studios either; it's crap.

Ali

Mega Poster
We are now defiantly not going this Summer, as we have just booked a holiday to Kos, so I am planning on going during the October half term. So just a few more questions from me;

Is Disney now do able in one day? Or will it be just as busy as in Summer?

How would I get to Parc Asterix from Paris city centre?

peep

CF Legend
October is even busier than the Summer. Due to the extra entertainment it becomes even more popular. You would probably need two days to cover most of what you want to do.

If you go on the 31st you will have to purchase an extra ticket as they put on a major firework display, open later and have even more entertainment. Last year the event sold out and I reckon the same will happen again this year.

You can get a TGV to Parc Asterix from both Disneyland Paris and Paris train stations. I believe you then get on a bus from the train station to the park.

You can use Rail Europe as a way of finding out train times and booking tickets for the trains.

Hope that helps, want more info just ask. :D

Ali

Mega Poster
^I should mention that I am not going to watch the shows at all as I have no interest in them, all I need is the credits and Terror Tower. Is it possible to do all the coasters in both parks in one day? Thanks for all your help peep, it is much appreciated! :)

Edit: Oh and I was planning on going on the 27th or 28th so the fireworks aren't a problem. And sorry if this is really nooby but what is a TVG?

marc

CF Legend
I would not waste money on the normal Halloween nights though, we went last year and it was ****.

The extra parade was the same train that went round during the day playing the same music.

Ali

Mega Poster
^I was going to just treat the day like a normal day, just get the credits and ToT and then go. :)

marc

CF Legend
Thats the thing with Disney though its not just about the credits, but if thats all you have time for its better than nothing.

Ali

Mega Poster
^I couldn't agree more, but I had the choice of either 1 day at Disney and 1 day at Asterix, or just 2 days at Disney. And with Asterix I get 6 more credits and another park so that's why I chose it. :?

peep

CF Legend
Ok fair dos Ali. Really hard to say to be honest. You're going to have trouble getting on Crush's coaster, ToT and BTM as their average queue time is about 90 minutes. You could risk it with one day but you would probably be running round trying to get all the coasters done. Try and use the fastpass system as much as you can too.

If you go for just one day, go into the DLP first, if the queue for BTM is already 30+ mins grab a fastpass then go to Indianna, Casey jr or Space Mountain. I would then go to the Studios, grab a fastpass for ToT (depending on queue) and if Rock 'n' rollercoaster has a 10-15 min queue time do that, if not do Crush (wait the 90+ mins) and then go back to rock 'n' roller. You don't have to really do it like that but it's probably what I'd personally do if I only had one day.

Casey Jr in Fantasyland (the coaster no-one seems to find) is sometimes closed but if it's a busy day they should open it.

Oh sorry, a TGV is just the train company in France. Their trains are very fast and efficient.

Ali

Mega Poster
Ok, well I don't mind if I only get on each coaster once and on the day I am thinking about going on, I think the park is open 10:00-19:00. So that gives me 11 hours to get on the 6 coasters and ToT. I don't need any time for Lunch as I usually take sandwiches to eat in the queue's. So even if Crush's, ToT and BTM have 1 hour 30 minute queue's I think I will make it.

Don't suppose you know the name of the train station closest to Parc Asterix do you? Thanks again peep, your the greatest! :--D

peep

CF Legend
Right, after a little browse on the net (and the Parc Asterix website being very limited on info) I found out how to get there.

There are two options. Get the TGV train or RER/Metro from Paris to Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle (appears on RailEurope website as Roissy Airport). Once at that station you have to get a shuttle bus which costs 7 euros 50 cents. It takes 30 minutes to get to the park from the train station.

You currently can't buy the train tickets (for TGV). Check in a couple of weeks, early September on that Raileurope website I gave you earlier.

RER/Metro you buy tickets on the day from the ticket machines. The machines do have a language option so it can be easily selected in English.

Ali

Mega Poster
Ok, have got all that written down now :--D. Thanks very much for your help peep, your a life saver, I would never have been able to find all that info. :)

Ali

Mega Poster
peep, do you know how often those shuttle buses from Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle to Parc Asterix go? And you know how you said the train to Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle goes from Paris, which station in Paris is it? Gare de Lyon? Cheers in advance :--D.

peep

CF Legend
It looks like the bus is every 30 mins from 9:30am.

I think the trains go from various locations across Paris so I suppose it is down to where you are staying.

Ali

Mega Poster
Ok I have sorted all that out, are there buses every 30 minutes from Parc Asterix to Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle aswell? Also from Gare du Nord on the Rer B to Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle, how often do those trains go?

I really can't thank you enough peep, your brill!