What's new

Demon Drop to be relocated to Knott's Berry Farm

Snoo

The Legend
CreditCrazy said:
^^ I know there's another one operating in Brazil...and I think only one is operating in Japan. Not positive though.

He said North America.. not South.. :p

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
OK, I could have worded my question better.
There were two intended questions:

First:
Is Demon Drop the last Intamin 1st generation drop ride in North America?
Answered: Yes, Demon Drop is the last and only operating Intamin 1st generation drop ride in North America.

Second:
Does anybody know of more Intamin 1st generation drop rides currently operating anywhere in the world, in addition to the ones I've mentioned?

Partially answered:
1 is operating in South America, the park name was not mentioned.
Possibly less than the 3 mentioned are still operating in Japan. I know that Nagashima Spa Land had one, another was at Himeji Central Park, and I thought there was one was at Mitsui Greenland in Arao-shi. I may have even bumped into another one somewhere in Japan, but I can't recall where.
1 is operating in Italy at the Movieland Studios Park.

Does anyone know of any more Intamin 1st generation drop rides besides these?

Snoo

The Legend
^Why?

RM, as mentioned, there could be quite a few working over in Japan.. but I don't think anyone wants to take the time or really cares to find them all.

Xpress

Strata Poster
What ever happened to the one at SFMM? Did they just scrap it, or is that a 2nd generation..?

A

Anonymous

Isn't this confirmed? The Cedar Point website confirmed it was moving to Knott's...

A

Anonymous

Isn't this confirmed? The Cedar Point website confirmed it was moving to Knott's...

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I did hear that Cedar Fair were annoyed with the early 'leaking' of the news about Demon Drop going to KBF, and the reaction it got (which pretty much consisted of 'didn't Six Flags have one and get ride of it?').

Thus Cedar Fair may very well have moved it somewhere where they feel it would be more 'appreciated', which seems like a very good idea really. Just something I read somewhere (can't remember where), but the story would fit.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
It still doesn't make sense. Six Flags Great Adventure, which isn't too far away, also had a 1st generation freefall; Stuntmans Freefall.

Does Cedar Fair just not really care where they throw their rides?

I just don't get why they would put it in a park that already has a drop tower, which I'm fairly sure both Dorney and Knotts have. Why not throw it somewhere that doesn't have a lot of rides already, like Michigan's Adventure?