What's new

Dayton Beach Boardwalk PTR

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
With a new cred just 80 miles away, I decided to take a quick day trip with the wife from Orlando to Daytona Beach to pick up my Sand Blaster Cred!

The Boardwalk is on the...older side of town. A lot of the area looks like it is stuck in a decade long since past.

"Joyland" is the coaster, a ferris wheel that looks like it could fall from rust damage at any time (it was in fact closed while we were here), go-karts, and a few flats. They are still putting the "finishing touches" around the park. Lots of construction still going on.

The ride was interesting. The attendants had to literally push the ride vehicle from the loading station to the first block. From there another attendant pushed the ride out of the station and to the lift. The ride had good pops of airtime, made better by the fact your restraint was just a flimsy seat belt. The ride was fairly long, and had good head choppers throughout. Overall not the worst ride to my name. If you have some free time on a road trip to/from Orlando, or are visiting the beach, it was worth the $6.

+1, bringing me up to a nice round 255. It was also my 200th steel coaster according to the coaster counting websites. cool)

After the cred the wife and I took a stroll along the beach. It was fairly empty around the coaster, but about 1/2 mile down it started to get more crowded. There is also a small water park, Lagoon, about a mile from the cred. We didn't go in but took pics as we drove by. If you look close I think you can see England across the pond! :shock:

Now that I got my photo bucket account back up I will try and post some other reports from parks a little less visited. Not much but... enjoy?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's good to see a report from somewhere I haven't seen before.

Too bad the place looks like a total crap hole.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
160 miles round trip for a Pinfari Zyklon...I salute you!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They're running the cars in trains though, not individually. I think Rhyl used to do that, or Towyn. Somewhere slightly worse than Dayton Beach Boardwalk :lol:

Yeah, erm, great report of a turd place :)

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Darren B said:
Ian said:
160 miles round trip for a Pinfari Zyklon...I salute you!

And he dragged the wife along, She sounds like a keeper!

She knows its my hobby, and the only expense I bring to the marriage.

In all fairness she was the one who suggested we get out and go. Made for an excuse to put our toes in the sand and relax on the beach for a bit.